GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

what lug nuts are you running?

Cclark6146

Go Kart Newbie
Im looking for a new set of lugnuts. I have 14x1.5 stud conversion and the last lugnuts I used were trash and I ended up having to one of my wheels off because they all sheered off and left the seat in the wheel. all I can seem to find are aluminum lugnuts which I dont have any experience with and all Ive heard they are trash. what are good options for an open ended lugnut? preferably black.

Cclark6146

Go Kart Newbie
I’m running motorsporthardware titan nuts. Steel, black, and open ended. I used their stud kit as well. So far, no complaints.

https://motorsporthardware.com/product/17mm-mh-titan-cold-forged-alloy-steel-race-nuts-14x1-5/
those looks good. I ended up coming across some Gorilla brand steel nuts 19mm and they seem to be working well so far. only been on them for a few weeks but we will see how they do when I take them off next winter. thats where my Adohan ones did me dirty.

Cclark6146

Go Kart Newbie
I cant find the photos I took of the Adohan ones or however you spell it. basically what happened is when backing off the hex portion of the nut spun and the seat stayed where it was at in the wheel. was able to get 3 of the wheels off eventually after several hours of throwing everything and the kitchen sink at it and the front right I had to use a cutting torch and melt it out of the hole. the gorilla ones look good and feel good. they are plain black open ended and stick out of the lug hole about 3/4 inch