GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What the hell is wrong with my GTI!!?

h2001

Hey guys,

Keep having this problem with my GTI upon acceleration where it’ll like “jolt” and stop accelerating than a second later keep going. If I’m stuck in heavy traffic and crawling the problem gets much worse and even the lightest acceleration causes my car to shutter and nearly stall. So it seems to me this problem happens after the car gets fairly hot. I’ve got no engine light, nothing. It is also not misfiring. Any clues?

Stock 2010 MK6 GTI

Thanks

mkv_martinez

Go Kart Champion
Is this car DSG or Manual? Seems far fetched for the problems described to be clutch related, but I guess if its super worn you never know.

Do you get any codes when scanning the car? Thats going to add a lot of info and help you track it down more precisely.

Without a scan, I would probably clean the MAF and put in new coil packs/spark plugs and snug up any connections if the issue is still present. I suggest that for most problems on these cars if its a slight stutter or sluggishness like you are describing.

Last far fetched random idea might be an injector, but again without a scan its just a complete guess.

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
Timing chain? Carbon build up? How many miles do you have on the car, there are plenty of things that could be causing your issues, but without knowing the condition of the car, and what maintenance you've done, we'll just be guessing.

CombatCQB

without more details, anything that controls the airflow or fuel could cause the engine to surge. When my intake manifold flaps were broken, I could hear the engine surging as the flaps swiveled open/close by themselves. Does it idle properly?

h2001

without more details, anything that controls the airflow or fuel could cause the engine to surge. When my intake manifold flaps were broken, I could hear the engine surging as the flaps swiveled open/close by themselves. Does it idle properly?
Waiting on a scanner I bought, so will scan it once I get it. Idles perfectly. Seems every time I wanna put my foot down the engine surges at like 4k revs. It's a really weird/unpleasant feeling where the car literally loses all power for a second and then its back.