GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What to do with an old, faulty car?

steryg11

So it has been almost half a year since my 1998 golf gave out completely, multiple parts are faulty, and fixing them would cost too much. I decided to buy a new car, but I don't know what to do with this one. Should i sell it to some scrap yard or disassemble it and sell the working parts separately?
P.S.
I prefer saving time than getting a few bucks extra.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
I prefer saving time than getting a few bucks extra.

I think you answered your own question right there. Sell it to a salvage yard or post it up on forums/Craigslist and have someone pay you what they think it's worth to them and be done with it. It will go on to be a fun project for someone else or used to keep other projects running with it's parts.

AM407

Autocross Champion
Lots of charities out there will take the car and give you a tax receipt for your donation.

You just make a phone call & they send a tow truck to get it. Easy.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
if it starts and drives, trade it it. let it be their problem.

EdMacDo

You can sell it, or if it is worth almost nothing and no one want to buy it, you can scrap it. Actually, it is the most common way to get rid of an old car. For example, I recently scrapped an old caddy because the engine broke, and to fix it, I had to spend more than the cost of the entire car. So this is how I decided to scrap it a https://www.scrapi.com/cash-for-scrap-cars. If you don't know where to scrap your car, get in touch with some guys from scrapi, I am sure they will offer you a decent sum of money for your old car.

Last edited:

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
U know what.?
U can sell 100 tickets @ $5 dollars a piece. A draw. Who ever wins the draw gets the car.... You made $500

Or.. Sledgehammer... let them whack it for $5...let them get out their covid frustrations....then call the wreckers and they give you $200 for it...

Turn it into an ashtray? An aquarium? Fresh out of ideas now....

brodi

I've always told my friends one thing. Think about what to do with your old car. You can sell it if it is in good condition. The car is worth selling if it is in good condition. But I always recommend this company scrapi.com This company will pick up your vehicle and get rid of it at a reasonable price, with benefits for you and them. This company has only good reviews. Even if you don't need to get rid of the car, they will tell you. They have good conditions for recycling. And excellent prices that are suitable for everyone.

Last edited:

autonoob

Passed Driver's Ed
There's always a solution to every problem but it will be expensive since we are talking about an old car. You should just sell it if you're not planning to use it in the long run.

Kqys9xTK9a5a

My neighbor kept asking me to sell my beat-up Toyota for two months. But I loved this car so much, I couldn't imagine that deal. I know he would try to repair it because he has a stupid hobby of bringing life to any scrap metal, even an old coffee machine. But my emotions from this would be about the same if I saw my ex with my best friend. I think you understand. I made the best possible decision and contacted https://nationalcarparts.co.nz/car-wreckers-hamilton/. At least I won't have to worry about it anymore.