GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What tune do you guys run on Canadian gas?

davisharr

Go Kart Champion
Wow your fuel sucks....
I run Shell "V" Power 98 in Australia :)

We use a different rating in Canada and the U.S., our 94 is your 98. There are 2 units to measure octane, RON, and MON. You guys use RON, for some god awful reason Canada and the US decided to use neither and take the too methods and average them, RON+MON/2. It's confusing.

Edit: Just saw someone already told you this but I didn't know thread had gone to 2 pages!

PunchBuggy

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey, guys sorry to bump an old thread but it applies. I'm getting Unitronic Tune soon and wanted a Stage 2 but with the octane, is it best maybe for me to stick to a Stage 1? A stock car just looking for a little more fun but want the difference to be notable as well. In this thread, people have said even Chevron 94 isn't really 94 hence I'm leaning just doing Stage 1 as it's fine with 91 octane. Thoughts on this? I'm in Abbotsford close to the border but it's not open do to covid otherwise could fuel up there.

davisharr

Go Kart Champion
Hey, guys sorry to bump an old thread but it applies. I'm getting Unitronic Tune soon and wanted a Stage 2 but with the octane, is it best maybe for me to stick to a Stage 1? A stock car just looking for a little more fun but want the difference to be notable as well. In this thread, people have said even Chevron 94 isn't really 94 hence I'm leaning just doing Stage 1 as it's fine with 91 octane. Thoughts on this? I'm in Abbotsford close to the border but it's not open do to covid otherwise could fuel up there.

You can get stage 2 tunes for 91, or for 93, get a stage 2 tune for 91 and you will be good to go. Unitronic seems to only offer their stage 2 tune in a 93 octane variant according to their website? I would call and ask if this is really the case, and why. If they dont support stage 2 at 91, I would probably consider other options... I run a K04 turbo now, on B.C. 91 Octane Shell gas, custom/"pro tuned" by Stratified in Surrey. Im on the island, so we did my tuning remote, but you should consider them, they have a Dyno in house now and you are close enough you could just go there in person. Though I think it'll be more expensive than Unitronic, its a 100% custom to your car, your gas, your preferences tune.

PunchBuggy

Passed Driver's Ed
You can get stage 2 tunes for 91, or for 93, get a stage 2 tune for 91 and you will be good to go. Unitronic seems to only offer their stage 2 tune in a 93 octane variant according to their website? I would call and ask if this is really the case, and why. If they dont support stage 2 at 91, I would probably consider other options... I run a K04 turbo now, on B.C. 91 Octane Shell gas, custom/"pro tuned" by Stratified in Surrey. Im on the island, so we did my tuning remote, but you should consider them, they have a Dyno in house now and you are close enough you could just go there in person. Though I think it'll be more expensive than Unitronic, its a 100% custom to your car, your gas, your preferences tune.
Thank you I'll contact them and look into Stratified.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
yeash.....gas prices in BC :cry:o_Oo_O

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
Petro-Canada 94 on Unitronic stage 2.
Runs perfectly ✔️
Yup. Same! Running Unitronic stage 2+ (Ko4) on Ultra94 Petro

tulip

Ready to race!
Unitronic does indeed have a 91 file for stage 2. When I first got my uniconnect cable I only had a couple files to chose from, if you contact them they can send 4 launch control files, one of them being a 91 oct stage 2 file with a 3800 LC.