GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What's Your Experience With the Helix 7.5 Style Headlights?

mynamesmauricio

This is sort of a bittersweet moment because I've been waiting to get my hands on a set of the Helix 7.5 style headlights because they look so good. Finally bought a set and now that I have them, I'm hesitant to install them and am actually considering returning them while I can still get my money back.

I've been reading posts and reviews in the forums and FB groups about the Helix 7.5 headlights and it seems like a lot of people have issues with them. Issues like the DRLs going out on one of the headlights seems to be the most common problem. What really makes me uneasy is some people reporting that their CECM/BCM got fried because they had a midline instead of a highline. These headlights were going to go on a 2010 Golf 2.5 so not sure what type of CECM/BCM it has.

I'm not ready to go down a rabbit hole of electrical issues with the car just for some nice looking headlights. I've seen very few posts if any of people reporting back that they've had no issues with them in the long run.

Can anyone here chime in on their experience with these, whether good or bad?

Attachments

• helix 7.5.jpg
    helix 7.5.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 119
Last edited:

barretoca95

i have had multiple issues. Fried my BCM. Basically was told I have to buy a new one so I got one used of eBay. Then I had to pay to get it installed and coded. More money spent. Then my DRLs went out. Was sent one replacement board but I cannot get them out. Nearly impossible to get them out without separating the lens. Went to different a shop to see if they could separate them. It’s permaseal so they wanted an arm and a leg. I’ve had countless issues. Not sure if it’s just my luck but yeah. Don’t get me wrong they look great when they worked