GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

When does Turbo kick in?

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
that pic above is looking at it head on. the pic below is more of a head height looking down.

Nope. That's what it looks like when you cut the column cover to mount it low. Fixed it in place with some RV Silicone Gasket sealant and it hasn't moved. Love the location though, I'd recommend this method to everyone. Doesn't obstruct a thing.

I should also clarify - that's my picture. Check my build thread. Got some links in the OP.

butchered by autocorrecr

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Nope. That's what it looks like when you cut the column cover to mount it low. Fixed it in place with some RV Silicone Gasket sealant and it hasn't moved. Love the location though, I'd recommend this method to everyone. Doesn't obstruct a thing.

I should also clarify - that's my picture. Check my build thread. Got some links in the OP.

butchered by autocorrecr

Yes haha i stole it cause i was to lazy to run outside and snap photos. (plus yours are the only ones to be at more of a head level then a head on)

:23:

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

butchered by autocorrecr

BTW your pic(the one i posted) is what convinced me to buy this gauge. I love it and it doesn't obstruct but a little of the rpm threshold that would already be something broken if i was that high.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Yeah it's a great, no-nonsesnse gauge that lights up and reads vacuum. I've been getting some rattling from it this past month, but I bet that's because of the tiny fuel filter I put in-line. I usually have a larger filter in there and it usually doesn't rattle on me. Anyways, I still love the setup. Sometimes I imagine having to use the vent location but it's so far from view and my hands or arms tend to be in the way.

butchered by autocorrecr

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah it's a great, no-nonsesnse gauge that lights up and reads vacuum. I've been getting some rattling from it this past month, but I bet that's because of the tiny fuel filter I put in-line. I usually have a larger filter in there and it usually doesn't rattle on me. Anyways, I still love the setup. Sometimes I imagine having to use the vent location but it's so far from view and my hands or arms tend to be in the way.

butchered by autocorrecr

Yeah the only vent gauge i wanted was a p3cars but i couldnt justify 3 times the price. I used the pcv hose tap with a no buzz t fitting and i haven't gotten any rattle at all. ;/

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
VTEC just kicked in, yo.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
That's a clean boost gauge and looks like it's OEM with the car. If I got one, that'd be the one to go with on looks alone.

I just find a hard time justifying the price of a boost gauge if your not actually going to be tweaking the boost itself and require to view your levels. When all is said and done, the parts involved+labor if you don't do it yourself can run you well over $500 for a little gauge...

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
I love the P4 gauges but if I were to get a boost gauge it would have to be an analog one. Anyone have experience with a P4?

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
FWIW, I look at my gauge just as much as the tach. I look at the gauge when I get on throttle to asses how much gas I might be using, than at the tach to know when I can shift. A lot of people say it's an invaluable tool for checking for boost leaks but I find it's best for just knowing how much load you're putting on the engine and thus the mileage you're getting. I don't think the P3 replicates this function quite as well due to the digital gauge. Go analog.

I paid $180 for my setup, and that includes the gauge, awe boost tap and hoses, fuel filter to keep oil out of the lines, and an extra column cover in case I want to revert to stock someday. It's easily in the top 5 most valuable things I've spent money on for this car.

butchered by autocorrecr

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
FWIW, I look at my gauge just as much as the tach. I look at the gauge when I get on throttle to asses how much gas I might be using, than at the tach to know when I can shift. A lot of people say it's an invaluable tool for checking for boost leaks but I find it's best for just knowing how much load you're putting on the engine and thus the mileage you're getting. I don't think the P3 replicates this function quite as well due to the digital gauge. Go analog.

I paid $180 for my setup, and that includes the gauge, awe boost tap and hoses, fuel filter to keep oil out of the lines, and an extra column cover in case I want to revert to stock someday. It's easily in the top 5 most valuable things I've spent money on for this car.

butchered by autocorrecr

I paid like 140 for my kit with a new pcv hose that had a tap built into it.

Irishbri

Go Kart Champion
XG.....can you post a link to your build thread? (Couldn't find it)

Irishbri

Go Kart Champion
Link inactive on my phone....

Irishbri

Go Kart Champion
Yeah.. I don't think it's the phone