GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who has the highest mileage on their 2012-2013 Golf R?

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
I originally posted in this thread almost 2 years ago at 120k, I just clocked over 160k.

In that time I've gone IE stage 2 IM, switched to an RSR clutch, replaced the crappy Koni FSDs with Bilstein sports, overhauled the rear suspension bushings, and a few odds and ends like a carbon cleaning while changing out the manifold.

The cam timing chain has started making a little noise at certain rpm when the engine is cold, and my front suspension bushings are feeling a little tired again. Just need to make some time to get that stuff done.

K04 died

Im at 30k miles 2012Golf r... Already a dead turbo... Could have been starved for oil at some point slightly... Car was purchased brand new but it has been sitting at the dealer for 11 months before i bought it new.... I dont race much... But make sure you have enough oil... these things heat up... was thinking adding a oil cooler or something to offset the heat

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Im at 30k miles 2012Golf r... Already a dead turbo... Could have been starved for oil at some point slightly... Car was purchased brand new but it has been sitting at the dealer for 11 months before i bought it new.... I dont race much... But make sure you have enough oil... these things heat up... was thinking adding a oil cooler or something to offset the heat

Did your oil light come on? I was going to add a cooler but these cars already have a water cooled oil cooler.
I am at 166k miles but on a new block

K04 died

Did your oil light come on? I was going to add a cooler but these cars already have a water cooled oil cooler.
I am at 166k miles but on a new block
Nope no indicators of anything ever... If i had to do it all over again... I would still say that im impressed by how reliablle the car really is considering its not a japanese car despite if having a turbo haha... Looking at a Audi q5 supercharged as my next vehicle... I plan on driving this Golf for 25-30 years... But wow new block already? do you beat it pretty good? i treat mine pretty well i dont really beat on it... I live in the city so i do alot of little trips,, stop and go traffic... You do alot of highway driving i supppose?

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Nope no indicators of anything ever... If i had to do it all over again... I would still say that im impressed by how reliablle the car really is considering its not a japanese car despite if having a turbo haha... Looking at a Audi q5 supercharged as my next vehicle... I plan on driving this Golf for 25-30 years... But wow new block already? do you beat it pretty good? i treat mine pretty well i dont really beat on it... I live in the city so i do alot of little trips,, stop and go traffic... You do alot of highway driving i supppose?
I do both, my job is sales so I'm driving around daily. My route is all within 100 mile radius.
I am KO4 and yes I "drive" it haha. Not always but definitely a few times daily. Luckily enough I was able to do all the work. Issues with previous motor include but not limited to...
Timing chain, spun balance shaft bearing and worn valve guides..was still running but a lot of smoke and was tired of working on it.

RallyeGolfR20

BBDEC85E-1BD5-4DE4-A134-F23494A412BC.jpeg