GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who has the most miles on there Mk6 Golf R

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
113K - oil at 5K, timing belt at 94K, diffs and haldex fluids at 94K, 107.9K clutch (currently running strong on APR stg 1)

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Um, 74k......car has had TONS of maintenance, it's a Stg3 track car though. lol in 74k it has had diff fluids changed 2 times, transmission fluid changed 3 times, haldex changed 3 times, did the timing belt at 68k or so because it was just old and better safe than sorry, oil changes every 3k or once a year regardless, cam follower 4 times, fuel filter only once since PO never did it, replaced ignition coils, replaced DV, brake fluid flushed every year.

Car is not a daily so I doubt I will ever see 200k, right now I am dealing with some rust issues courtesy of the car's early life in NY with a PO and someone lightly rolling the quarters in the past and cracking the paint on the backside. ug

Thumper

Autocross Champion
oh nooooo

Yeah, I wasted a lot of time trying to get VW to address it. Dealer said they couldn't inspect it, had to go to a VW certified shop.......which the only one in the area had just closed a month before. Next nearest one was 3 hours away, trying to figure out when I could get out there then called.....they don't do rust repairs. Another shop 4 hours away.......also no rust repairs.

Decided screw it, do it myself. Cleaned up the rust in the door jamb and layered some POR15 on it and then liberally sprayed inside the rocker with cavity wax. Now I just need to get the rocker molding off and see how bad the outer rocker is and give it the POR15 treatment.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Yeah, I wasted a lot of time trying to get VW to address it. Dealer said they couldn't inspect it, had to go to a VW certified shop.......which the only one in the area had just closed a month before. Next nearest one was 3 hours away, trying to figure out when I could get out there then called.....they don't do rust repairs. Another shop 4 hours away.......also no rust repairs.

Decided screw it, do it myself. Cleaned up the rust in the door jamb and layered some POR15 on it and then liberally sprayed inside the rocker with cavity wax. Now I just need to get the rocker molding off and see how bad the outer rocker is and give it the POR15 treatment.
Man that has got to be beyond frustrating. I hope you’re able to get it patched up without too much trouble.

Makes me happy that I have a southern car that’s only seen snow once in its life. It’s really nice to be able to work on it without all the corrosion.