GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Will 9 wide wheels fit a golf

Thatslowtdi

So I’ve been looking around for the perfect fitment for my mk6 golf, and I saw a video on YouTube
He says that he is running 18-9 et+35, 3.5 degrees of camber in the back and 2.5 in the front. But there was another forum I was reading that said if you wanted to run this set up you are going to havto run a wide body kit( which I think looks terrible on these cars) does anyone in this forum have any any exsperience with running this setup??

torga

Autocross Champion
You won't have to run a wide body, but you will absolutely have to roll your fenders, you will have to stretch tires, and you will have to run a lot of camber.

If you want to run tires that fit and run camber that makes sense, you'll have to either pull fenders or run widebody in order to run 9" +35 wheels.

Thatslowtdi

You won't have to run a wide body, but you will absolutely have to roll your fenders, you will have to stretch tires, and you will have to run a lot of camber.

If you want to run tires that fit and run camber that makes sense, you'll have to either pull fenders or run widebody in order to run 9" +35 wheels.
Do you think that 3.5 degrees in the back and 2.5 in the front would be enough camber, and tire specs of 225/40/18??

torga

Autocross Champion
Do you think that 3.5 degrees in the back and 2.5 in the front would be enough camber, and tire specs of 225/40/18??
If that Golf R owner says that's what he's running with 9" +35, then I'd believe him over some keyboard jockeys on a forum who've never installed such a wide wheel.
I have 9.5" +35 with 235/40 in the rear and they fit with no rubbing (rolled fenders). The OEM eccentric bolts for camber are maxed out. Came like that from the previous owner and I'm finally going to replace them with a setup that makes sense soon.
Can't give you my thoughts on the fronts because they're 8.5" +45 with 225/40... could fit 235/40 for sure, maybe even 245/40 -- there's still room up front. No idea why this guy thought staggered sizes was a good idea.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
He says that he is running 18-9 et+35, 3.5 degrees of camber in the back and 2.5 in the front. But there was another forum I was reading that said if you wanted to run this set up you are going to havto run a wide body kit( which I think looks terrible on these cars)

You no like?

This thing puts me in crisis. LMAO

Does look like tires on that are stretched, so that's a consideration if you like your tires to not risk rolling off the rim if you hit a hard corner.