GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wireless Carplay

CCVjoe

Hi guys, new mk6 GTI owner here. I'm looking at options to upgrade the stock RNS315 to something with wireless Carplay capabilities. I don't mind spending money on something good and I have the tools and capacity to do the installation myself. I will likely order everything through Crutchfield but I wanted to see what people have been doing here.

I saw the thread about RCD330 with carplay and it looks awesome. I would just as soon purchase that as it looks clean and stock. However, it doesn't appear that it offers wireless carplay. The thread on this forum is pretty long so I'm not sure if they offer a model with wireless carplay by now. But if they do please chime in!

Other than that my top runner up is the Pioneer 4660NEX, which looks pretty awesome minus the fact it doesn't have a rotary volume control. Boo hoo.

I drive long distances a lot and have found that overcharging my phone has lead to early battery failure so I'd love to go wireless. Plus the functionality is awesome and I might as well put the latest tech into this car since I'll be driving it for a while.

Can anyone offer any other insight before I dig deep down this rabbit hole? The forum search didn't bring much back on the wireless carplay query. Thanks in advance!

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
I'm seeing this after responding to your PM. The Kenwood that I mentioned I have does have wireless carplay, the Sony I'm using now does not, but it does have an actual volume knob. The Kenwood is objectively better in most ways, but having a volume knob is so nice, and since I'm using a DSP to do the processing, most of the tools in the Kenwood are going to waste. The new Kenwoods that I also mentioned have both wireless carplay, and a volume knob, among many other things.

I've your interested in the Kenwood in my closet, let me know. I don't have a lot of feedback here, but if you join up to diymobileaudio you'll see that I have a great reputation, and have bought and sold things there for years. Regardless, I can answer just about any questions you have regarding car stereos.