GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WTB - OEM coil Springs 12' GTI

Redvoodoo55

I would like to find a free or inexpensive set of OEM Springs to put back on my sons 12' GTI. When I owned the car in TX we installed Eibach's. After he bought the car from me, he now lives in CT and lowered cars do not fair to well in that weather and on those roads. We would prefer to find them close by to where he lives (Groton, CT). So if you have a set in your garage collecting dust and are willing to part with them, please reach out to me! Thanks!

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
You might consider putting TDI springs on as an option as well. Not quite as stiff as GTI, but I believe it sits a little higher (about half an inch over GTI) and also plenty fun on back country roads. I had my TDI when I lived in Alaska and never had an issue with ride height in the winter and roads there were terrible. I put GTI springs on it when I moved back to California and was glad I hadn't done that before moving up there.

Redvoodoo55

You might consider putting TDI springs on as an option as well. Not quite as stiff as GTI, but I believe it sits a little higher (about half an inch over GTI) and also plenty fun on back country roads. I had my TDI when I lived in Alaska and never had an issue with ride height in the winter and roads there were terrible. I put GTI springs on it when I moved back to California and was glad I hadn't done that before moving up there.
Thanks for the recommendation. My son is likely only going to be in CT for this winter and maybe next and then we hope he moves back closer to home (TX). We will see what happens. So far have not found anyone willing to sell their springs.

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
The best place I have found for finding this kind of stuff is OfferUp. I just looked and there are several sets of GTI springs for sale by me for super cheap. If you can't find them locally you may be able to reach out and see if they would ship them directly to your son.

https://offerup.co/6z3Har58Hmb

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I'm in NH with springs/struts i can sell you if you are still searching. DM me - I am available this weekend.