GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WTB: OEM Front Right Brake Caliper

CustomZ02

Passed Driver's Ed
Looking to see if anyone has one laying around, my front right brake caliper is sticking and eating up the inside pad.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Looking to see if anyone has one laying around, my front right brake caliper is sticking and eating up the inside pad.

Have you tried new pins and the right lube? I would take them apart... pull the pins out. Give 'er a good cleaning on the inside, install new pins with the correct lube and see if it solves your problem before investing in a new caliper.

Or is it the piston itself in in the caliper that's sticking causing the pad to drag? Actually if it was the caliper you'd see it on both sides... hmmmm. Who's the brake expert on here that could weigh in?

CustomZ02

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the reply Blakcard, as far as I can tell its only doing it to the inside pad. The outside pad still looks new while the inside pad is nearly all gone.

When I replaced the pads about 9 months ago I noticed this, and I just installed some new shocks and springs in the front this weekend and noticed the inside pad was worn way more that the outer pad again.

While the driver side looks fine the passenger side seems to be wearing unevenly.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
i would take it apart.. pull off the rubber boots c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y off.. carefully clean the pins and lube em or buy new pins and lube them. clean all the crap out of the hole. re-assemble. go for a drive. check to see if it solved the problem.

Hope it works out.

Tsi_God

Go Kart Newbie
I have my front two brake calipers laying around if you still need it. Lmk I’ll clean em up and have them ready.