GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WTS/WTT: VMR V718s 18x8.5 et45 SILVER + PROFESSIONAL CLEAR (LIKE NEW IN BOX)

NOLA-Ron

Go Kart Champion
SOLD SOLD SOLLDDDDDDD

Specs:
VMR V718
5x112
18"x8.5"
et45

Mileage on these wheels: approximately 8

My loss is someone's gain here. I ordered these wheels and had them professionally clear coated to protect against the reported paint chipping issues of VMR Wheels. They cured a week before I mounted them on the car. There are 2 full coats of Matthews Automotive Clear Coat on top of the factory finish and clear. I put a lot of work into these wheels but unfortunately they are not the look I am going for.

You can find more info and details on the clear coat in my build thread here:
http://golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33928&page=4

The wheels and tires were mounted and then dismounted. From my inspection, I see no damage from this process. I paid $180 each time for this to make sure that they were not damaged during mounting. I used a tire shop that specializes in aftermarket wheels.

These are in nearly perfect, if not completely perfect shape. I do not say completely perfect because they are NOT perfect from the factory. The factory finish is good but not perfect. There are small imperfections in the wheel itself but that is not from damage nor rock chips. These imperfections are not visible unless you pretty much have your face in the wheel - I noticed all of this during the prep and clear process that I assisted with.

Buyer will receive wheels in original packaging. THESE WHEELS ALSO COME BALANCED WITH TIRE STEMS, SO YOU JUST NEED TO MOUNT YOUR TIRES. You also get the unused VMR Wheel Caps that I never even installed. 3 of them still have the plastic protection on them.

Paid new: $950 shipped
Professional Clear Coat: $100
Valve Steams: ~$10
Balancing: ~$20
Total New: $1080

ASKING PRICE: $675 SHIPPED TO MOST PLACES!!!!!!!

Wheel 1:

Wheel 2:

Wheel 3:

Wheel 4:

Last edited:

NOLA-Ron

Go Kart Champion
Also, the picture of the #4 wheel that is halfway out the box - that black mark is oil from mechanics' hands during install. I wiped these down before pictures but apparently didn't get it all off. I can retake pictures upon request but I think you can tell this is grease.

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
Look at what NOLA-ron did for you to make these even better in the build thread. Great deal. Did you get the Interlagos????

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
Glad to hear you will end up satisfied in the end. Would love those VMR's at that price...would likely get it prison style on duty and shipping to Canada. Good luck and BUMP.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
why selling?

NOLA-Ron

Go Kart Champion
why selling?

Sadly enough, it wasn't the look I was going for. I didn't like the angle and front view. I also learned that I want to keep OEM+ styling rather than the "tuner look". If I was slammed then they would have been ok but IMO I'm not low enough to pull these wheels off (but I'm picky as hell and don't like the typical "dub styling").

I feel like Plac now since I've gone back and forth on the past 3 mods (Carbonio, DG Springs, and now wheels) LOL. I'm so damn critical it's costing me a fortune! I need a money tree!

Funny thing though that I wasn't expecting - the wider wheels gave me a MUCH better ride on the DG springs. I was pleasantly surprised at that.

deadfm

Passed Driver's Ed
these are gorgeous. if i wasn't waiting for the V721's, I'd be all over this. GLWS though buddy!

91Z28

Ready to race!
Damnit ! Why must I be unemployed... I totally would have bought these a month ago.....GLWS, BUMP !