GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Your tune isn't so secret anymore....

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
We just got word today.... on 2009 and newer vehicle, any and all chipped cars will show they are chipped when you run the VIN # through VW's system. I was told VD1 will appear under the warranty key of the vehicle information. I just ran my personal cars vin and it shows "TD1" under the warranty key. I don't know if the V/T was lost in translation but lets find out.... I need a couple people to provide me me vin numbers, say 2 from chipped cars and 2 from stock ECU cars.

Lets confirm or disprove this.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
HOLY FUCKBALLS... any indication that they would use this to deny warranty work - only if its "from the mod" or?

I'll send you my VIN dude.

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
Damn I guess i'm going to have to look for "mod friendly" dealers from now on.

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
PM'd you my Vin to check bud.

Halvie

WOOSA
how could they know if your car has been tuned or not...

Assuming he means if you have taken it in for work already. I don't think it would be possible to know if it hasn't been into the dealer. If they could that would be freaky scary.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Assuming he means if you have taken it in for work already. I don't think it would be possible to know if it hasn't been into the dealer. If they could that would be freaky scary.

right, but even if you avoid the dealer and then come in from something or warrany work, they may not be able to tell just by scanning it if you have a tune. All the more reason to possibly be honest (with some/most - not all) with the dealers when you go in, who knows though... thankfully, we have a good amount of mod friendly dealers in our area, but i know thats not the case for everyone.

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
right, but even if you avoid the dealer and then come in from something or warrany work, they may not be able to tell just by scanning it if you have a tune. All the more reason to possibly be honest (with some/most - not all) with the dealers when you go in, who knows though... thankfully, we have a good amount of mod friendly dealers in our area, but i know thats not the case for everyone.

Here in Indiana i'm hoping my VW dealer is mod friendly because the dealership next door BMW does Dinan work. If not I'll just go to Chicago for any warranty work lol. It seems the dealers there are much more willing to help me out. That is where I bought my car anyways :)

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
so far 3 vins show up as chipped....

someone send me an unchipped vin, and chipped vin from a car that HAS NOT been to a dealer since chipping it.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
ugh... I wonder how this will go then :(

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
The tune is safe. Stage one peeps should care less about this.

Possibly. Will depend on how dealers use this information...

This is legitimately disappointing. So much for security lock out :(

allset

Go Kart Champion
glad my VW dealer is my APR tuner, although prob doesnt matter if VWOA wants to deny warranty claims.