GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

zVp's 2012 VW GTI

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Navigation Input Speed Threshold
Thanks to Tim S. I think you were the one who found this - if I am wrong, please PM me.

How-To
WARNING: I will not be held liable if anything occurs when attempting to change anything in the VCDS software. These instructions are created to the best of my knowledge and are as accurate as I can make them. Please be careful before you save your settings and always run Auto-Scan before any changes are attempted.

WARNING: Do not attempt to enter any navigation entries during driving. This is stupid, selfish and dangerous. This is for your passengers during driving at higher speeds.

Load up VCDS, click on the Select button under Select Control Module

Click on the 37-Navigation button

Click on the Adaptation - 10 button

This screen will pop up - expand the drop-down menu.

Select Speed Threshold for Destination Input.

Enter you desired speed threshold for inputting entries on the navigation.

WARNING: Do not attempt to enter any navigation entries during driving. This is stupid, selfish and dangerous. This is for your passengers during driving at higher speeds.

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Disable Electronic Stability Program (ESP)
Source: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25600

How-To
WARNING: I will not be held liable if anything occurs when attempting to change anything in the VCDS software. These instructions are created to the best of my knowledge and are as accurate as I can make them. Please be careful before you save your settings and always run Auto-Scan before any changes are attempted.

WARNING: This is not considered safe. The Electronic Stability Program (ESP) is very good and not very obstructive. Continue at your own risk.

Click on the 44-Steering Assist button

This window will pop up - expand the drop-down menu.

Click on the drop-down menu and select Steering Angle Sensor

Change the Steering Angle Sensor setting to your preference (0 is enabled, 1 is disabled).

WARNING: This is not considered safe. The Electronic Stability Program (ESP) is very good and not very obstructive. Continue at your own risk.

NOTE: You may have some sort of error on your dash. Since the Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS) uses this steering angle sensor to determine the angle movement during turns, you will have an error as well as losing AFS capabilities.

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Driver Steering Recommendation (DSR) Settings

How-To

NOTE: Driver Steering Recommendation (DSR) is a feature of the Electronic Stabilization Program (ESP) - sensors detect when the car is starting to skid and the steering's electronic control unit (ECU) provides a prompt to the driver to correct the problem by making the steering wheel move slightly. This can be overridden by moving the wheel by yourself. THIS IS NOT THE SAME AS DYNAMIC STEERING RECOMMENDATION (DSR).

Click on the 44-Steering Assist button

Click on the drop-down menu and select Driver Steering Recommendation (DSR)

Change the Driver Steering Recomendation (DSR) setting to your preference (2 is enabled, 1 is disabled).

Last edited:

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Changing Themes on RNS-510

How-To

Click on the 56-Radio button

Click on the Coding - 07 button

Click on the Long Code Helper button

Go to Byte 4 and expand the drop-down menu for Bit 4-5

Pick your desired theme.

Restart your RNS-510 but pressing the <, > and * button at the same time in order for these themes to register.

Highline is a sort of blue theme
Sportsline is the default theme
Premium is a sort of black theme.

I will post some photos some other day of these themes.

NOTE: I am not sure if this works on other units - This is only confirmed on the RNS-510 unit.

Last edited:

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Seat-Belt Chime and Light Disabled

How-To

WARNING: Seat-belts are a life-saving mechanism. This tutorial does not condone not wearing a seat-belt. ALWAYS wear your selt-belt in your vehicle at all times. Don't be stupid.

Click on the 17-Instruments button

Click on Coding- 07 button

Click on the Long Coding Helper button

In Byte 01, uncheck Bit 1 - Seat Belt Warning active/installed to disable the chime and light.

WARNING: Seat-belts are a life-saving mechanism. This tutorial does not condone not wearing a seat-belt. ALWAYS wear your selt-belt in your vehicle at all times. Don't be stupid.

TomSpeedwell

Passed Driver's Ed
bump

P

plac

sweet find.. maybe ill check into my 310 or 315 deck some day.. i never really loved that spinning wheel type theme.

How-To

Pick your desired theme.

Restart your RNS-510 but pressing the <, > and * button at the same time in order for these themes to register.

NOTE: I am not sure if this works on other units - This is only confirmed on the RNS-510 unit.

MaliciousMK6

Go Kart Champion

How-To

Pick your desired theme.

In for pics of themes :w00t:

valj

Ready to race!
I have a 2010 mk6 gti and this option is not available through VCDS, can it be possible that my car isn't equipped with it?

XDS and Brake Assist Settings
Thanks to michal at http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25039

How-To

Click on the 03-ABS Brakes button

Click on the drop-down menu and select either Brake Assist or Electronic Differential Lock (XDS) depending on which you want

Change Brake Asisst to your preference; read michal's thread for more information

Change Electronic Differential Lock (XDS) to your preference; read michal's thread for more information

zVp

Go Kart Champion
I have a 2010 mk6 gti and this option is not available through VCDS, can it be possible that my car isn't equipped with it?

Hi valj,

Unfortunately I think 2010 GTIs do not have XDS installed. However, you may be able to enable it somewhere and try to see if it works. I'm not 100% if that will work or not, but it's just a hunch.

valj

Ready to race!
Hi valj,

Unfortunately I think 2010 GTIs do not have XDS installed. However, you may be able to enable it somewhere and try to see if it works. I'm not 100% if that will work or not, but it's just a hunch.

Thank you for the input!

I have no idea how to do this - VCDS doesn't allow this option.

btmk6

Passed Driver's Ed
hey mike, I just had one of the forum members help me code the emergency break lighting where if I were to break hard enough, it'll flash the breaks & side indicators..

I tried it out in a parking lot, didn't quite reach 50-60km/h, ABS activated but the lights didn't trigger.. do you know if I have to exceed a certain speed limit for this to occur?

thanks!

boostedmk6

Go Kart Champion
Any settled pics of the springs Mike?

I think I might do a light drop + wheels in the spring.