VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com (https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/index.php)
-   GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions (https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   New : Cullin Kin (https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66780)

Cullin Kin 10-06-2013 03:10 AM

New : Cullin Kin

1 Attachment(s)
Probably not the right place to post this, but I just wanted to introduce myself to the golfmk6 community. I created an account over a month ago and completely forgot about it. I bought a 13' 6-Speed CSG Drivers Edition GTI at the beginning of September and damn do I love this thing. Named her Scarlett. Won't be doing much besides cosmetic modifications because even thinking about voiding the warranty gives me panic attacks. I look forward to living my modding dreams through others, for now at least, and reading your posts.

Here's my baby (Sorry it's blurry):
Attachment 36225

DaveSTR 10-06-2013 04:48 AM

Nice Gti! Enjoy it and take your time modding. Let the car mature a bit with the warranty if you have any issues early. No rush. Mods are there when you want them. Its never a matter of needing them.

andylaiphoto 10-06-2013 12:20 PM

Welcome

flyguy27 10-06-2013 01:07 PM

Welcome and enjoy it!

SixSpeeder 10-06-2013 01:55 PM

Welcome and congrats. If you're worried about your warranty, just hold off on tuning. If you want to get an intake or cat-back, those parts come off easily if you have issues and need to take it to a mod-nazi dealership.

WAP 10-06-2013 07:03 PM

Welcome. I was wondering how long it was going to take you to find your way over here from that myfastgti snorefest. :D

Djmikeyd 10-06-2013 07:14 PM

whalecum

Cullin Kin 10-06-2013 09:25 PM

Thanks for the welcomes, and the whalecum.

@WAP Ha ha, MyFast is a little slow but it's personal and tight knit. I enjoy that about it, getting to know other GTI owners. Although, sometimes getting an answer in a timely manner can be difficult.

The mod-bug has bitten me in the past. I used to have a Ralliart, did a lot of mods, "mod-nazi" dealership, nightmare. It's extremely difficult to refrain, but I believe it to be overall beneficial.

I took my GTI to the track the other day and was doing some quarter mile runs just for the fun of it. Was running low 15's routinely, thats what that photo above is from. Anyone on this forum in Colorado?

WAP 10-07-2013 04:47 PM

^^I suggest you check out the regional forums. There are a few on here from Colorado.

Legendary 10-07-2013 04:57 PM

Welcome! ..... I give you about 3 more months before you forget about that whole 'warranty' thing and start modding ;)

Cullin Kin 10-08-2013 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legendary (Post 1403402)
Welcome! ..... I give you about 3 more months before you forget about that whole 'warranty' thing and start modding ;)

Ha ha, you're probably right. My mind is running crazy with what I want to do... Hey, where did you get your emblem inserts from?

@WAP I'll check it out, thanks dooood. Your avatar is funny stuff! :lol:

WAP 10-08-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cullin Kin (Post 1403886)
Ha ha, you're probably right. My mind is running crazy with what I want to do... Hey, where did you get your emblem inserts from?

@WAP I'll check it out, thanks dooood. Your avatar is funny stuff! :lol:

You're welcome. Glad you like my avatar. Most people here hate it but it gives me a smile every time I see it. I think it's funny as hell. I just tell people it's my prom pic, or my wedding pic. :lol:

BlkMaGiC 3526 10-08-2013 04:46 PM

Welcome and congrats on the new ride. I picked up my MK6 about 3 months ago. I voted for R tails tinted version and just picked up a set. My first mod was OEM front lip.

GTI_likeurmom 10-08-2013 04:50 PM

get all the r tails. all 4 pieces to be exact.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol: