VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com (https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Mods (interior & exterior modifications) (https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   MkVI GTI Bulb Reference Guide - thanks Sylvania! (https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4689)

RiVoT 03-27-2010 11:26 AM

MkVI GTI Bulb Reference Guide - thanks Sylvania!
 
Sylvania FINALLY added 2010 to their Lamp Replacement Guide - http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProd...de/default.htm

Let's start our Bulb Reference here and fine-tune it - suggestions and corrections welcome!

Note: As of now, US Spec only!

2010 Golf & GTI with halogen headlamps

Low beam headlamp = H7

High beam headlamp = H15

Front turn signal = 5202 amber

2010 Golf & GTI With HID headlamps

High & low beam headlamp = HID-D1S

2010 GTI (All)

Fog/Driving light = H8

2010 Golf with Fogs

Fog/Driving light = 9006 (HB4)

2010 Golf & GTI (All)

Parking light = 2825

Rear turn signal = 992 (7440A)

Tail light = 921

Stop light = 921

High mount stop light = LED

License plate = 2825

Back up light = 7440

Front sidemarker = 2821

Interior:

Map light = 2825

Step/Courtesy/Footwell light = 2721, 6418, 194

Rumble79 03-28-2010 11:21 PM

Finally indeed, but don't forget about the regular Golfs and TDIs :D

2010 VOLKSWAGEN Golf (With halogen capsule headlamps)

Low beam headlamp = H7

High beam headlamp = H15

2010 VOLKSWAGEN Golf (With HID (high intensity discharge) headlamps)

High & low beam headlamp = HID-D1S

2010 VOLKSWAGEN Golf (All)

Parking light = 2825

Front turn signal = Assembly

Rear turn signal = 992 (7440A)

Tail light = 921

Stop light = 921

High mount stop light = LED

Fog/Driving light = 9006

License plate = 2825

Back up light = 7440

Map light = 2825

Step/Courtesy light = 2721 / 6418

Daytime running light = H15

jmblur 03-28-2010 11:47 PM

yay for reference threads! Need more stickies.

Legohed 03-29-2010 04:36 PM

Can I add that for the TSi, the fog bulb is HB4 NOT H8. I now have a pair sat at home doing nowt! Wish I'd taken out the bulb first and looked... :mad0259:

RiVoT 03-29-2010 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legohed (Post 35768)
Can I add that for the TSi, the fog bulb is HB4 NOT H8. I now have a pair sat at home doing nowt! Wish I'd taken out the bulb first and looked... :mad0259:

is the UK TSi the US Golf? if so i will note it that way...

Legohed 03-31-2010 11:55 AM

If I'm reading you right, no. TSi is a Golf engine model - completely different to GTi in spec and performance, like the GTi is different to the 'R'. I guess it's not available in the US, but for the English folk....

RiVoT 03-31-2010 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legohed (Post 36348)
If I'm reading you right, no. TSi is a Golf engine model - completely different to GTi in spec and performance, like the GTi is different to the 'R'. I guess it's not available in the US, but for the English folk....

no bro, yer actually not reading me right... i asked "is the UK TSi the US Golf?" not "is the UK TSi the US GTI?"...

from VW.CO.UK it looks like that'd be an S or SE... with the smaller 1.4L engine, and which is under the Golf heading...

if someone wants to verify the bulb info and let me know, i'll note it as such...

thanks!

Legohed 04-01-2010 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiVoT (Post 36470)
no bro, yer actually not reading me right... i asked "is the UK TSi the US Golf?" not "is the UK TSi the US GTI?"...

from VW.CO.UK it looks like that'd be an S or SE... with the smaller 1.4L engine, and which is under the Golf heading...

if someone wants to verify the bulb info and let me know, i'll note it as such...

thanks!

Haha! So I was right in my answer, but didn't explain it to well!:D:D:D. Think I missed the word 'say' just before the GTi bit, would have made a whole of difference. The fog bulb is defo HB4 in there anyway.

MkVi_Ian 04-15-2010 10:59 PM

does anyone know the temperture of the HID head lights? i was thinking they might be like 5,000k

hpbunaes 04-16-2010 10:04 AM

Help replacing fog lamps
 
I replaced the H7 low beam bulbs, piece of cake, but can't seem to get the fog lamp bulbs to budget and am afraid of breaking them... anyone done it, can someone tell me how it's done? The manual is useless.

HP

RichieRich 04-26-2010 03:28 PM

Front turn signals in the halogen capsules are 5202 amber. FYI, the exact same assembly with clear bulb can be purchased at your local Chevy dealer, as it is the same as the foglight in the 2010 Camaro.

RiVoT 05-13-2010 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichieRich (Post 44602)
Front turn signals in the halogen capsules are 5202 amber. FYI, the exact same assembly with clear bulb can be purchased at your local Chevy dealer, as it is the same as the foglight in the 2010 Camaro.

added to post #1 - thanks!

typev1020 06-02-2010 10:32 PM

How to replace low beam H7 non HID
 
It is hard to replace the low beam H7 light bulb on 2010 GTI? the space since to be really tight ..
How to you replace the H7 light bulb on 2010 GTI (non HID) ? Any manual or instrustion out there?

TRxxPAxxS 07-30-2010 10:40 AM

Anyone know what the front turn signal bulb size is for the HID headlights?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.