VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com (https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/index.php)
-   GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions (https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Revo Stage I thoughts (https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114322)

JustinT 11-28-2017 11:53 PM

Revo Stage I thoughts

Hey guys, I did research on a Revo tune and have a 25% off voucher. The shop doing the work also is charging me no labor. I tried to see other threads but it seems people keep fighting between tunes. For others with experience, how do you like Revo Stage I?

SELA_MK6GTI 11-29-2017 12:04 AM

Just do it, all off the shelf tunes are basically the same. Some just have a few ponies more than others. Stage 1 is a night and day difference, any tune you go with will put a grin on your face. Just be sure to upgrade your coil packs and be prepared to upgrade your DV along with your clutch if manual

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustinT 11-29-2017 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SELA_MK6GTI (Post 2560520)
Just do it, all off the shelf tunes are basically the same. Some just have a few ponies more than others. Stage 1 is a night and day difference, any tune you go with will put a grin on your face. Just be sure to upgrade your coil packs and be prepared to upgrade your DV along with your clutch if manual

Yeah, I have the Neuspeed Power Module but every time I shift it gives me a really bad power cut. I contacted them but they have no answer. Already have a Stage II clutch installed already

SELA_MK6GTI 11-29-2017 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustinT (Post 2560522)
Yeah, I have the Neuspeed Power Module but every time I shift it gives me a really bad power cut. I contacted them but they have no answer. Already have a Stage II clutch installed already

In that case I'd get the downpipe and go straight to stage 2. Most tunes charge an upgrade fee going from stage 1 to stage 2, but it's up to you. Stage 1 itself powers up the car to super saiyan 1 lol

JustinT 11-29-2017 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SELA_MK6GTI (Post 2560523)
In that case I'd get the downpipe and go straight to stage 2. Most tunes charge an upgrade fee going from stage 1 to stage 2, but it's up to you. Stage 1 itself powers up the car to super saiyan 1 lol

Hahah, I'm not really a speeder just wanted a little extra from the car. Plus, NJ has stricter rules with emissions etc

SELA_MK6GTI 11-29-2017 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustinT (Post 2560524)
Hahah, I'm not really a speeder just wanted a little extra from the car. Plus, NJ has stricter rules with emissions etc

That's what they all say lol at least that's how I started before the mod bug bit me and spread the infection. It's true.

Then stage 1 is more than enough, it'll improve the low end and minimize turbo lag. Plus it'll increase the number of smiles on your way to work

mostic 11-29-2017 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustinT (Post 2560524)

No problem with emissions, you can go for down pipe with race catalytic, and I think this will be enough.
Revo is a very good company and I had their tunes for almost 2 years starting from stage1 to stage3 K04, just flash your car and enjoy the differences :)

JustinT 11-29-2017 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SELA_MK6GTI (Post 2560525)
That's what they all say lol at least that's how I started before the mod bug bit me and spread the infection. It's true.

Then stage 1 is more than enough, it'll improve the low end and minimize turbo lag. Plus it'll increase the number of smiles on your way to work

Glad to hear! I'll keep you updated man thank you

JustinT 11-29-2017 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mostic (Post 2560526)
No problem with emissions, you can go for down pipe with race catalytic, and I think this will be enough.
Revo is a very good company and I had their tunes for almost 2 years starting from stage1 to stage3 K04, just flash your car and enjoy the differences :)

Got it! Thank you man, stay well

SELA_MK6GTI 11-29-2017 12:17 AM

No problem man. It literally takes less than an hour to reflash the ecu with the tune, you'll be a happy citizen from NJ lol

In for updates :)

bmwtwin2 11-29-2017 02:43 AM

Do revo do custom maps as well??

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

SELA_MK6GTI 11-29-2017 01:49 PM

Revo Stage I thoughts

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmwtwin2 (Post 2560540)

I don't think so, eurodyne does custom mapping, United motorsports and so does Cobb

mostic 11-29-2017 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmwtwin2 (Post 2560540)

Yes but very very limited and for $1000+

GreyGti1990 12-01-2017 02:52 PM

I went with Revo as well. I had Revo on my mk4 Gli and loved it. Got a good deal going with Revo on my mk6 Gti (I think 25% off too) and havenít had a problem with them. Went stage 1 and now stage 2 with them.

I did think I had an issue with fuel cutoff last winter with their tune but I now think it wasnít tune related. Still havenít fixed the issue as it would only happen when extremely cold. Weíll find out soon enough with winter returning! But I think it was the stability/traction control system not playing nice with my winter tires.

Go with the Revo tune if your getting a good deal on it.