VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com (https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/index.php)
-   NY / NJ / CT / PA (https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   CT Transmission Shop (https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114494)

smanierre 12-15-2017 01:16 AM

CT Transmission Shop
 
I'm gonna be changing my clutch sometime soon and also gonna be putting a LSD in. I'll be able to do the clutch myself but I don' want to try the LSD. Anyone know any good transmission shops in CT I can bring it to that will do a good job installing the LSD while I have the transmission out of the car?

Tony48 12-15-2017 12:37 PM

I haven't had any service performed here, but XLR8 Performance is a big shop in CT. I recently spoke with them via email about installation procedures for the billet Rear Main Seal they sell for TSI engines and they were very knowledgeable and friendly. I believe they are a sponsor on this site as well.

EDIT: Here's their thread

aj_law 12-15-2017 03:56 PM

Not sure which part of the state you're from, but Speed Sport Tuning in Danbury has done several things (e.g. IM, fuel pump, carbon cleanings, water pump) on my GTI and I've been very happy with their work and pricing.

Top. Top.

Wouldn't trust anyone else to touch my ride.

Noodle 12-15-2017 05:43 PM

If you want to got down to Nj, Drive auto works is great

GreyGti1990 12-18-2017 05:17 PM

+1 for Xlr8. They do an amazing job. Been there probably 3 times now with my gti. They installed my stage 3 daily silent south bend clutch, and did my timing chain tensioner/ cam bridge maintenance.

They will not let you down. You do pay for their services but I have never been disappointed. Anything big and complicated I don't hesitate to send their way.

Yomillio 12-29-2017 09:25 PM

I'd recommend Excelerate in the Southwest region of CT and Coventry Motorcar in the Northeast region. Both are knowledgeable, friendly... everything you'd want.

Best of luck!

zef 01-06-2018 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smanierre (Post 2562870)
I'm gonna be changing my clutch sometime soon and also gonna be putting a LSD in. I'll be able to do the clutch myself but I don' want to try the LSD. Anyone know any good transmission shops in CT I can bring it to that will do a good job installing the LSD while I have the transmission out of the car?


Excelerate Performance does a nice job, but knowing them they will prefer to do the whole job. I've talked to them about having stuff installed "while out of the car" and they don't like to do it.

Speedsport tuning is another good option, depending on your location.

smanierre 01-06-2018 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zef (Post 2565834)
Excelerate Performance does a nice job, but knowing them they will prefer to do the whole job. I've talked to them about having stuff installed "while out of the car" and they don't like to do it.

Speedsport tuning is another good option, depending on your location.

I think I'm just gonna have one shop do the whole thing, clutch kit, tob, rear main, shift forks, lsd, and transmission fluid. I'll look into excelerate and the shop you mentioned

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Noodle 01-06-2018 09:41 PM

drive auto is much cheaper than excelerate yet they are still a very reputable vw audi shop, highly recommend them

smanierre 01-06-2018 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noodle (Post 2565866)
drive auto is much cheaper than excelerate yet they are still a very reputable vw audi shop, highly recommend them

Where are they located

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Noodle 01-07-2018 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smanierre (Post 2565869)
Where are they located

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

mountainside nj


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.