View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 09:18 AM   #30
Erwan
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2011 GTI
Thanks for the info, I'll def have to spend some time and try to do some calculations.

However I do have one comment for anyone reading this, learn to drive your car and push its limits before you start playing with suspension....I don't know how many times I've heard people tell me they want coils or suspension upgrades to improve handling when all they do is drive on the street and barely push the car. Trust me the car's stock suspension is very capable, I've been tracking my car a fair amount this summer and I can tell you that my suspension has not been a limitation. My driving and learning to drive a car to its limits is the first issue....I'm now looking into getting a rear sway bar but again I'm just now pushing the car to the point where I will be able to make use of this sway bar.

All in all just take a step back and think about what you're going to be doing and how much you've actually pushed the car, is the suspension REALLY limiting you and your driving? Ignore this rant if you're lowering your car for looks haha