GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A nit to pick

koolgreen

Ready to race!
Just noticed the drivers door has the lock cylinder hidden.
Thus the cover has to be pried off to use the valet key

What's the use of giving the valet key to the parking attendant if he has to pry the cover off to unlock the door.

I currently use the valet key when I am moving cars around in our driveway.
Having to pry that cover off everytime will negate having the spare key.

Also, has anyone figured out if the key fob will roll down all the windows???
________
Design Host

Last edited:

GlutenBoy

Passed Driver's Ed
I guess it's a compromise between having lock cylinder hidden and functionality. I tried to pry the cover off with my hand/finger/nail and it didn't work. I didn't try with the key, too scared of scratching something. So the valet with probably get my normal key. BTW I got 2 normal key and 1 valet key with the car.

I didn't try the roll down window thing, but the manual says yes. But if you can't pry off teh cover easily that feature kinda loose its appeal.

richg

Just noticed the drivers door has the lock cylinder hidden.
Thus the cover has to be pried off to use the valet key

What's the use of giving the valet key to the parking attendant if he has to pry the cover off to unlock the door.

I currently use the valet key when I am moving cars around in our driveway.
Having to pry that cover off everytime will negate having the spare key.

Also, has anyone figured out if the key fob will roll down all the windows???

Well I havent tried it yet, but my door handle has the keylock on the bottom of it. Its hidden just like the CC door handles if I understand you correctly.

koolgreen

Ready to race!
key fob if pressed long enough will roll up and down windows depending on lock and unlock selection

I hope so.
The sales guys at the dealer are saying it has to be programmed after market.
WTF is that???
If it is there, it should be enabled......period...

They have no trouble enabling the auto lock at 20 km/h.
Which is a nuisance in my opinion.
________
redhead girl Webcam

Last edited:

Mick431

Ready to race!
sorry maybe a stupid question here but can anyone explain 2 me what the "key fob rolling down the window thing" is??

fokker

Ready to race!
Hold the unlock button on the key fob will make the windows roll down.

Hold the lock button on the key fob will make the windows roll up.

fokker

Ready to race!
Right... that feature is not turned on by default in the US (and looks like not in Canada either??). The dealer will probably not help you out either.

However, you can buy the program and do it yourself (or find someone who's got it):

http://www.ross-tech.com/

Ajackz

I am a valet, I dont know about your area but we can always park a car better than a customer. Taylor Swifts dad curbed the shit out of his porsche rims because he refused to have my co-worker valet park his car.

I promise your key fob will be safe.

As for the window deal my dealer said it would do it but i didnt want to take the cover of the lock to try.

koolgreen

Ready to race!
I am a valet, I dont know about your area but we can always park a car better than a customer. Taylor Swifts dad curbed the shit out of his porsche rims because he refused to have my co-worker valet park his car.

I promise your key fob will be safe.

Hey, I didn't mean any disrespect by that.
I actually use the valet key myself as it is a smaller key and I can put it anywhere without worry that it may get damaged. When moving cars around my driveway, I need two keys and that is just the most convenient.

For me the cover is a pain in the ass.

As for valeting the car, I give the key that I have with me and that would be the fob key.
________
Jailbroken

Last edited: