GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Got a small bumper accident

MartinT

Ready to race!
Hi guys,

I got a small accident this week end with my GTI and I need to replace my rear bumper.

My question is : can I order a OEM painted bumper from VwOA ?

My car is deep black and I dont want my car get re-paint after 1200 miles !

thanks

zee

Go Kart Champion
Forum what I recall, VW parts come primed not painted. But is should not be too hard to match the deep black metallic, especially on a new car.

Just tripple check the paint code.

kgbzz1

Passed Driver's Ed
As a point of reference, I had ordered a fuel flap (broke mine) and it comes primed, not painted. Takes three weeks (at least) to get the part too.

K

engine2

Before you order a new bumper...

FYI, I don't know how much damage there is to your bumper, but I would search locally for a bumper repair tech. Miracles can be worked; I know because I just got out of the bumper repair business. Contact your local dealer and ask him who does their on site touchups and bumper repairs.

MartinT

Ready to race!
So I will repair the bumper, and get it paint by the paint shop. So I also order the front lips and get it paint in the same time.

engine2

A bumper tech will be able to color match your paint and paint your bumper on the spot. He may be able to paint your parts as well. I did parts painting for a number of my customers.

koolgreen

Ready to race!
My friend had her front bumper repaired.
Just a nick on the paint and the dealer fixed it.
At the time, I thought they painted the whole bumper.
After reading on here that you can spot paint the bumper, I would like to fix something on my car.
Does anyone have a bumper repair in toronto that they have used?
I have used services like dent doctor to fix door dings and they have never left me disappointed...........

thanks
________
Handjob Hardcore

Last edited: