View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 02:50 PM   #21
Carbon Steel
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: Carbon Steel Gray 2010 GTI (6/1/10)
Extended warranties are not all the same, ie coverage some have deductibles and most are ridiculously expensive.

I purchased one in June, my cars warranty expired in May.

4 years, 75,000 miles ( i only have 8,000 on the car now ) no deductible, bumper to bumper, other than normal wear parts. 800 dollars.

Hopefully i will drive a little more often, but, i doubt i will go over 50K, but you never know.

Generally, they don't fix issues by fixing parts, they replace them and they are way too expensive to not have a warranty. After 7 years of ownership i may still keep it or probably trade it or sell it myself or give it to a grandchild who knows. But one window motor, fuel pump etc. will eat up a good bit of my cost for the warranty.

I know that the company that called me, sent me stuff in the mail, that i thought was associated with VW, might not be, didn't want to waste my time investigating it, wanted 2300 dollars for the same warranty i got for 800, and then he told me there was no way i could have a warranty like his for only 800, hmmmm, i said ok bye bye.

2010 CSG GTI, 18" Detroits W/Summer Tires, Autobahn Package, DSG,RNS510 Touch Screen Nav, GTI Mat Kit,
2013 Red Turbo Beetle, Sun, Sound and Navigation, Red and Black Leather interior
Carbon Steel is offline   Reply With Quote