GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What kind of sub/amp combo do you have?

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
I have a brz2400 Hifonics Brutus amp. It is CEA certified and I paired it up with just 1 12" Alpine type x subwoofer. The amp is actually too strong for my sub but i'm just using it from my old setup that I used to have (2 15" Kicker CVX)

thekaptn

Ready to race!
Pioneer GM-D8500M pushing a JL audio 10W6v2 in a custom uber-stealth box from nikbrewer. I freaking love the setup, able to have solid bass notes with a wide range from chilling to needing a helmet because it's blowing my mind.

Just saying.

Hilfloskind

Go Kart Champion
Orion 12" sub sitting in a custom side mount enclosure from Nik Brewer...it's mated to a Kenwood 1k watt amp. It's not quite neighborhood shaking but it's close...any more would be obnoxious. From the inside, it's pretty much perfect for my music taste (electronic).

TDI110

O_o
i had bought one super slim subwoofer in 12vcity.Heat the gender is good, sound quality good.i recommend

OneHotHatch

Ready to race!
12"w3 from JL Audio..with 250 mono block amp.... JL and Higher quality audio equipment have true and sometimes lower than actual numbers. the other brands may say 1000w or so but they usually cant handle it....just keep that in mind...you get what you pay for hear (pun lolz)

FlyinHigh410

Passed Driver's Ed
Yea i bought a 10in alpine type r with an an alpine amp. Still waiting for it to come in and in the mean time figuring out how i want to mount it...

OneHotHatch

Ready to race!
Yea i bought a 10in alpine type r with an an alpine amp. Still waiting for it to come in and in the mean time figuring out how i want to mount it...

Solid choice. my buddy had two in his mkIV GTI..with a custom fiberglass box, awesome system!!

Gmoooney

Passed Driver's Ed
Alpine 12" dvc 4ohm Type-R

Alpine MRP umm 800? Running mono at 2 ohms.

Ported enclosure.

Removed from m last car and should be in the GTI this week if I can find some time to install.

FlyinHigh410

Passed Driver's Ed
why did you choose a ported enclosure? i thought the type r was better sounding in a sealed box.

elix1r

Clarion 12" with Clarion 500w amp. Clarion is pretty unknown to most people but they are quality speakers. I love mine. Go with a closed enclosure unless being obnoxiously loud is your main goal. A sealed 12" gets plenty loud in a hatchback, and if you roll the windows down everybody can still hear you from blocks away (if you turn it up). Sealed enclosures give the bass really nice response and 'tightness' a ported enclosure cannot do, but they will never be as loud as a properly tuned ported enclosure. If rattling windows is what u wanna do, then go ported :23:

My 5 cents, enjoy your bassssss

FlyinHigh410

Passed Driver's Ed
Alright, the 10 inch type r and alpine amp were installed today and holy freakin balls! Just what this system needed.