GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ENGEN COVER MOD DIY

NukeIT

Passed Driver's Ed
Another variation:

The colors are not as shiny as the picture makes them look. The TSI was done with a Glossy Black enamel (Model Paint). I might strip it off and try spay painting the same black as the top stripe, that's just a lot of masking off...

damn... I think I just found my weekend project....

NukeIT

Passed Driver's Ed
So the TDI seems to have a larger engine cover.... This is what I was thinking about doing....(my Pixler skills are elementary so don't mock the bad mock up... pun intended...)

any suggestions???

Attachments

• Engine Cover Mock-up.jpg
    Engine Cover Mock-up.jpg
    306.7 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_1352.jpg
    IMG_1352.jpg
    322.9 KB · Views: 133

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
yeah I got one..........No. Red blue and yellow just dont go together.

Krazy_Z

Go Kart Champion
Anyone know where I can get some of that sticker bomb stuff? I am really diging that kind of stuff.

BrianWithGolf

Ready to race!
Anyone know where I can get some of that sticker bomb stuff? I am really diging that kind of stuff.

Have a vinyl shop/website print you off some custom stickers. Either send them one large sticker bomb image to print off and cut out or print off lots of smaller ones and put them on yourself. I don't think anyone is making these to sell but might be a good idea

Merelington

Ready to race!
Yup, print shop to run a bunch of smaller stickers off, blow dry before applying, then clear coat. Having one large pre-bombed sheet would be difficult to wrap around all edges and contours.

MeineMK6

Great job to all of you, I really like the German flag idea. Out of curiosity are any of you guys sanding or just applying the paint?

elbongo

Ready to race!
hah :) i ordered it from Polish site odjazdowenaklejki.pl and using the glue on the sticker put it on the cover and cut it out :) I did it with one big sticker because it was cheaper and in my opinion easer to do.

After about 2500 km it looks still the same :)

Sorry for any mistakes :]

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
Engine cover emblem

I tried this as well, but made the mistake of removing the emblem cover! It is not terrible, but has some damage. I found OEM replacement at Keffer VW, but they want 24bucks for it. http://vw.partsestore.com/replacement/index.cfm?action=getPartLocator&siteid=216177&chapter=&Sectionids=0,2453&groupid=11820&subgroupid=2397&componentid=0&makeid=35&model=GTI&year=2010&graphicID=9281230&callout=4&catalogid=2&displayCatalogid=0

Anybody know of a cheaper place to get this? Does not have to be OEM. Ebay or something will do.

Last edited:

MeineMK6