GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OEM LED ((Style)) headlights by ED [Reviewed]

elbongo

Ready to race!
Thanks for the link, elbongo.

Thats the same coding i tried, but it didnt work since i changed my byte 18 to 22 per the DIY for the R taillights. If i change it back to GTI then i get weird bulb out errors.

@xHeartcoreboyx, you had the same problem right?

OK so once again a found it on that forum and please dont blame me if it doesnt work :) Some of them and I think on my TDI after installing R tails have to change byte 18 to 15. So please check post #4 on this page: http://www.vwgolf.net.au/showthread...ew-Replica-OEM-HID-Headlamps-for-halogen-cars I hope this will help. If no, than I give up ;p

mediaslaves

Passed Driver's Ed
If you wants these lights like I do, I ask myself why would anyone consider buying them from anyone else but Ed. He's the guy that has all the experience and he's starting to sell these lights again. When he introduce these lights to members last year, he was honest, demonstrated integrity, stood behind his product and tried to correct any problems that members encountered.

It's just my opinion, but I'm going with Ed.

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30007

Because for the euro heads DNauto in the UK is a cheaper way to get them...

leslie

Ready to race!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elro

Passed Driver's Ed
Is everyone using Low beam: D2H 5000k HID in their lights?

I know that Ed mentioned that the D2S HID kits will fit with a little work and they may not seal as well in the housings, but they would open up alot more options including Philips brand. There seems to be a very limited choice for D2H HID kits.

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Just get the Morimoto ones from the retrofit source, 6000k are a lot better match to the LEDs...5000k are what comes in the headlights (if they still provide a HID kit).

Nimche

Go Kart Champion
Just get the Morimoto ones from the retrofit source, 6000k are a lot better match to the LEDs...5000k are what comes in the headlights (if they still provide a HID kit).
Apparently they don't provide any low beam anymore.
I had a chat with him and he said to get the H7 Wire Harness.

I don't know how hard is it to fit the bulb, but there should be a way to do a clean job.

elro

Passed Driver's Ed
Apparently they don't provide any low beam anymore.
I had a chat with him and he said to get the H7 Wire Harness.

I don't know how hard is it to fit the bulb, but there should be a way to do a clean job.

I think the low/high beam in the HID projector is controlled by the shutter position.

JRide

Ready to race!
To my understanding these lights are not real bi-xenon. If you look at our friend xHeartcoreboyx post here http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24942 he has called them out as two separate lights for high and low beam.

To answer your question on this. They are in fact bi-xenon in the fact that a shutter will move up and down for low/high beam. The inside projector is used for "flash to pass" AND an additional high beam.

So when you put your high beams on the xenons will switch and aim higher as well as the inside halogen projectors.

Hope this helps.

Nimche

Go Kart Champion
Thanks, so is there a way to make these fully working bi-xenon motorized?

To answer your question on this. They are in fact bi-xenon in the fact that a shutter will move up and down for low/high beam. The inside projector is used for "flash to pass" AND an additional high beam.

So when you put your high beams on the xenons will switch and aim higher as well as the inside halogen projectors.

Hope this helps.

Nimche

Go Kart Champion
They are motorized, a motor closes and openes the shutter :)
Sent from my iPhone with typos

No matter how much I read, I am still far behind.:D So the only thing it doesn't since my car doesn't have the feature, is auto leveling and it won't remember? That has to be done manually?