GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AWE CCB vs. APR Carbonio

intense

Passed Driver's Ed
Guys, I am not trying to stir the pot but has anyone tried both to determine the difference.

On our left : AWE CCB

On our right : APR Carbonio

Are they both equally the same ? in terms of performance ?

Cheers. :sm3:

Norsk

Go Kart Champion
Let's see...

I'll go with AWE because it comes with the piping and air intake. If APR, youll have to pay more than $500 to get stage 1 and stage 2.

For Performance wise, they're pretty much the same.

intense

Passed Driver's Ed
thanks bro...i guess so too. But the APR design and box looks more subtle and finer.
AWE looks more to hardcore.

Carbonio

Passed Driver's Ed
Let's see...

I'll go with AWE because it comes with the piping and air intake. If APR, youll have to pay more than $500 to get stage 1 and stage 2.

For Performance wise, they're pretty much the same.

You need to compare apples to apples. The AWE unit has a small part of it made of carbon while the rest is metal (which is much less expensive to produce).

The APR Carbonio unit is carbon from front to back which is WAY more expensive to produce however offers design flexibility and therefore performance gains that cannot be realized when stuck in the framework of using fixed size metal tubes to transfer inlet air.

As always in life you get what you pay for.

EuroStylez

Go Kart Champion
i would say APR only because the whole intake system is made out of carbon fiber which is better then any metal or plastic that gets hot and your cold air intake turns into HOT air intake.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
The APR Carbonio intake is pretty different from everything on the market. It's the only intake on the market that has all of the following:

1. A completely closed off carbon fiber heat shield. Carbon fiber is an awesome heat shield material, can be molded and designed ANY way we want and it looks great too.
2. No primary bends before the MAF element meaning reliable and proper readings.
3. No alteration of the MAF housing which means reliable and proper readings as well as less hassles at the dealership.
4. Draws air form the leading edge of the hood which is the most dense and coldest location to draw in intake air.
5. Makes tremendous power by only replacing the front part of the intake system. To reduce your costs, the system is split. You can either go for just power on a budget, or you can also add the back portion to complete the look and pick up a few more ponies.

The system has made such a large jump in power we spent months dynoying to ensure our results were accurate. A Stage 1 GTI with stock intake vs a Stage 1 GTI with the Carbonio intake will see an increase of around 20 wheel HP towards redline with the new intake system. It's a huge increase in power for such a small price. I am positive you'll be happy with your purchase.

2010GolfGTIMK6

AutoTuning
The APR Carbonio intake is pretty different from everything on the market. It's the only intake on the market that has all of the following:

1. A completely closed off carbon fiber heat shield. Carbon fiber is an awesome heat shield material, can be molded and designed ANY way we want and it looks great too.
2. No primary bends before the MAF element meaning reliable and proper readings.
3. No alteration of the MAF housing which means reliable and proper readings as well as less hassles at the dealership.
4. Draws air form the leading edge of the hood which is the most dense and coldest location to draw in intake air.
5. Makes tremendous power by only replacing the front part of the intake system. To reduce your costs, the system is split. You can either go for just power on a budget, or you can also add the back portion to complete the look and pick up a few more ponies.

The system has made such a large jump in power we spent months dynoying to ensure our results were accurate. A Stage 1 GTI with stock intake vs a Stage 1 GTI with the Carbonio intake will see an increase of around 20 wheel HP towards redline with the new intake system. It's a huge increase in power for such a small price. I am positive you'll be happy with your purchase.

Would love to hear from an AWE rep for a balanced debate...

Todd/AWE

Ready to race!
Would love to hear from an AWE rep for a balanced debate...

A.W.E. Tuning CCB:

1. A completely closed off carbon fiber heat shield box.

2. 100% confirmed accurate MAF readings. Zero part throttle or full throttle drivability issues, guaranteed. Zero issues with part throttle or full throttle fuel trim adaptation readings which means no hassles at the dealership.

3. Draws air form the leading edge of the hood which is the most dense and coldest location to draw in intake air.

4. Makes tremendous power by addressing the entire intake tract. Instead of "breaking apart" a system to make it more affordable, we opted to only sell the kit in the form that makes actual power. We did extensive testing of incremental parts of the intake, and until the tubing itself was addressed, power gains from the airbox alone were minimized.

mikochu

boogerface
A.W.E. Tuning CCB:

1. A completely closed off carbon fiber heat shield box.

2. 100% confirmed accurate MAF readings. Zero part throttle or full throttle drivability issues, guaranteed. Zero issues with part throttle or full throttle fuel trim adaptation readings which means no hassles at the dealership.

3. Draws air form the leading edge of the hood which is the most dense and coldest location to draw in intake air.

4. Makes tremendous power by addressing the entire intake tract. Instead of "breaking apart" a system to make it more affordable, we opted to only sell the kit in the form that makes actual power. We did extensive testing of incremental parts of the intake, and until the tubing itself was addressed, power gains from the airbox alone were minimized.

Plagerism? :laugh:

Stein357

Ready to race!
I think both are excellent, well-designed intakes and they probably make very similar power. We can't know for sure until they're both put on the same car on the same day on the same dyno to see if one does indeed make more power. I wouldn't hesitate going with either, I went with APR because I got an APR flash.