GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Footwell lights got brighter for a second

MellowCat

I just had this happen on my 2012 today. 10K miles just turned over. Strange for sure. Car has been perfect otherwise!

jackgti1

Go Kart Champion
I'll look out for this.. haven't noticed it yet. If so many people experience it, there's definitely an explanation.

legandrex

Ready to race!
Sunflares or Aliens? You never know...I haven't noticed it again on my car but haven't been driving much at night.

McFuzz

Go Kart Champion
Sorry guys - forgot to mention that all GTI's are connected to my hive mind - so when I poot - lights flicker...

Mah bad!

:D

dtraill27

Go Kart Champion
Sunflares or Aliens? You never know...I haven't noticed it again on my car but haven't been driving much at night.

Bendial

Ready to race!
I had an instance where my footwell lights started flickering lol, im at 5kish miles, hasn't happened again though.

fr4c

Ready to race!
My passenger side did this yesterday, so I turned if off and now don't have to keep staring at it waiting for it to happen again. All it was doing was illuminate all the salt and crud from dirty shoes anyways.

ryangolfrpower

Ready to race!
This just started happening to me on my 2013 golf R two nights ago. Its non-stop when I start the car switching between dim and bright back and forth. Then, 20 minutes lighter after driving, they stopped... WTF? Any solutions for this since the last post in October!?

legandrex

Ready to race!
Holy cow...I started this thread. SO COOL!!!

My car hasn't done it ever again. I would say it had to be related to aliens.

TAG12GTI

Ready to race!

legandrex

Ready to race!

K0Z

Ready to race!
Read this yesterday and said to myself "never happened." Of course while driving home just now, footwell lights did this. Shot up to 100% for a little more than a second and then back to normal brightness. Thought to myself, I just read about this s*** and well, that's odd. Car is just under 9K. Don't know what could have caused it

spiker369

on air, don't care
Mine do the opposite. I have mine set to 100% and they dim down while driving. Turning off the lights (via switch) and back on makes them go full brightness. I never really thought much of it though, just thought it was the way LEDs worked.