GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What will happen if I...

scbastv

Ready to race!
If i disconnect my battery...will i lose the VAG settings i had done to my car (fogs as drl, and windows up/down by remote)???:iono:

pvivino

Ready to race!
Vagcom settings should all stay. Even the radio presets stay. You have to wind the windows up and down once to get it to do the auto-up and down

scbastv

Ready to race!
Thanks for the info guys...

Good to know, as i am installing my AWE boost gauge tonight and i have to disconnect the battery!!!

KanDyWyte1

Ready to race!

Good to know, as i am installing my AWE boost gauge tonight and i have to disconnect the battery!!!

Not to go off topic... but how did you VAGcom your windows?! I've had 3 different VAG users try my car and they CAN'T!!! All I cn do is turn off my DRL's. LAME!!!!

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner

It is a GOOD idea to unhook the battery...lol

I didn't and accidentally blew a fuse & couldn't figure out why the headlights wouldn't turn off, lol
(they were stuck on)

And only the AUTO windows up/down feature has to be done over again & set the clock too.
You lose all the info in the MFD too (like mileage, etc.)....but not your MFD settings.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Not to go off topic... but how did you VAGcom your windows?! I've had 3 different VAG users try my car and they CAN'T!!! All I cn do is turn off my DRL's. LAME!!!!

Windows up/down via the key fob....

Address 09 -- Central Electronics
Comfort operation found in Adaptation.
Channel 6, change the value to 1 (ON) and Save.

IMPORTANT THOUGH: ALL DOORS MUST BE UNLOCKED!!!
(or else it won't work)

KanDyWyte1

Ready to race!
Windows up/down via the key fob....

Address 09 -- Central Electronics
Comfort operation found in Adaptation.
Channel 6, change the value to 1 (ON) and Save.

IMPORTANT THOUGH: ALL DOORS MUST BE UNLOCKED!!!
(or else it won't work)

Damn. Well, I was standing over the shoulder of the dude doin' my VAG and when he would click on buttons it would present an error window and not let him in. He questioned his cable, since it was the "cheap one" and that there is an expensive one that he has heard had worked on some cars that his didn't. So I wonder if that's the case. He has the most up to date VAG and he tested on his MKV after and it worked fine.

Also, all the doors were unlocked; however, the driver door was open. Do you think that open driver door caused these error messages?

Thanks for the input brah.... I really appreciate it!!! :thumbsup:
:confused:

pvivino

Ready to race!
If you cannot connect to Central electronics with VagCom, turn the car off, disconnect VagCom, Close and lock the doors. Then unlock the doors and start over. It will work now.

scbastv

Ready to race!

wish i could help you out here but i have no idea...i took mine to the dealer and they did it...