GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Australian mk6 dealer negotiations

ox518

Tell them that you got a friend whom bought with that spec and price.
If they are not happy with it, be prepare to walk out.
I did and he called me back the next working day for further negotiation. I did not budge with my offer. He called me back again and agreed with the price. I am sure that price could go further down by a few hundreds but it is going to be too difficult and no point wasting more time.

Thanks man, but I think this is the way useful in the bigger city, not in the ACT!! I walked out from two dealers here, non of them called me again!!!!

DonkeyKong

OK, sorry to not mention that price is for "cooperate" and I now understand that you guy probably can't get to that level.

ox518

OK, sorry to not mention that price is for "cooperate" and I now understand that you guy probably can't get to that level.

Heard about many times "cooperate discount", what does that actually mean? The same thing as the newly introduced "investment discount"? I think that only affects on tax return, right?

Not sure if you mean corporate or co-operate?

I understood this price to based on your reference to a friend getting that price. Is your friend also part of (eligible for) the same corporate / co-operate pricing? It is interesting as it might mean that this isn't a representative price that others could use in their negotiation preparation.

Regardless, the best deals are always open to people who are willing to walk away. But if you always walk-away you'll never get a new car ...

paulw91

I'm looking at purchasing a Golf this week..

118TSI
6 speed manual
metallic paint
satellite navigation
sport pack (cloth seats)

The price i got today at Barloworld Glen Waverley is $35600 on road. no trade in.

Any thoughts on this price? probably buying next week.. sounds like i should check out the dealer on burwood hwy from previous posts..

cheers!

paulw91

I just bought one today.... :)

VW Golf 118TSI
- 6 speed manual
- metallic paint
- satellite navigation
- sport pack (cloth seats)
- parking assist
- reverse camera
- alarm system
- moon roof
- genuine mats
- boot liner

total on road cost $39,000

basically had to get this one, as they didn't have my previously specced model in stock (4 month wait)... so it includes park assist, moon roof and alarm which i didn't really want, for an extra $2500 (retail to add those features would be $3900)

one annoying thing i found was that after i signed all the papers then I was sat down with a lady who's job is "pre delivery"... i disagree with her job title, i would call it "post sale SALES".. she was trying to sell me window tint, protective paint coatings etc. etc. and she wouldn't let me go until she had gone through everything. that kind of spoiled the whole experience... i already spent 9k over my budget, i told her at the start, i WILL NOT spend any more!! :)

TSI688

Ready to race!
i got a great qoute on a CW Golf Highline 90 TSI 3dr. Extras include:
- Highline spec (sports seats, heated seats, nicer interior, 17" alloys, auto folding mirrors, plus display, centre console, mdi input etc...)
- sunroof
- rear tinted windows
- climatronic a/c
- cruise control
- premium bluetooth
- multifunction steering
- RCD310
i got all this for €25,000 (43,421.52 AUD). it was supposed to cost me €29,681 (51,600.41 AUD) but i got a great discount. :) what do you guys think??

I know that this price might be expensive for you guys, but here in malta we have high registration charges on imports together with duties, VAT and other taxes. when the discount is considered, it's quite a great deal for me here in Malta.

Last edited:

stranger

118 TSI

g'day

not like we got a fantastic deal but thought it would be helpful to share:

118TSI
Metallic
DSG
Original front/rear mats

AUD34,000 out the door. waited for about 9 days. south yarra vw.

our purchase experience...

went to essendon but sales person did not want to give a price but was polite. decided to visit camberwell. waited for 20 minutes, decided not worth the time waiting (never seen so many people wanting a VW).

called werribee vw but got a cocky salesperson.

sent email to glen waverly but no call back until 2 days later.

paulw91

our purchase experience...

went to essendon but sales person did not want to give a price but was polite. decided to visit camberwell. waited for 20 minutes, decided not worth the time waiting (never seen so many people wanting a VW).

called werribee vw but got a cocky salesperson.

sent email to glen waverly but no call back until 2 days later.

I found the exact same thing at Camberwell.. I was there this past Saturday, heaps of people standing around... I rudely interrupted a guy and he took my number and details of what i was after, but I still haven't heard back from him.. i wouldn't bother in future.

I also visited Ferntree Gully VW (burwood hwy) and they weren't interested in discounting anything, only wasted 5 minutes there.. his price was 2k above glen waverley.

I too am still waiting for email/response back from my email from Glen Waverley..

stranger

hey paulw91,

we had no intent on visiting south yarra as we thought they might be stuck up. but it turned out not too bad. we got attention right away. not difficult to negotiate and pretty straight up. no sales push on any other things - tinted window, paint protection etc.

just make sure if you're there to really ask for all the small items that you can - mats, tank of petrol, boot liner, mud flaps etc.

we got a call from glen waverly 2 days later..the sales person there said they sold 50 VW cars 2 weekends ago and apparently south yarra is not doing as brisk.

so i assume that south yarra may be a little more willing to negotiate.

Sea Biscuit

g'day
118TSI
Metallic
DSG
Original front/rear mats

AUD34,000 out the door. waited for about 9 days. south yarra vw.

Stranger, that's not a bad price for a private buyer. I was offered $33,800 for EXACT same spec. I think you'd need corporate discount to get down to the $32,500 level another person on this forum achieved.

Well done and enjoy!!

ox518

Bought mine from sydney today.
118 TSI White
DSG
Sports Package
ACC
Tints
Floor Mats

$35300 drive away, very happy!