GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf Mk VI daytime running lights

wicius

Passed Driver's Ed
As in the subject - does golf have daytime running lights? Maybe ordinary halogen lights do have, and xenon don't? In the xenon case, there are only two hmm... lamps, one is the xenon lens, the other- turning light. What about halogen lights? Any info would be appreciated.

TurboTor

Golfer
Golf VI with halogen have daytime running lights in the inner bulb.
This is a H15 bulb with daytime and highbeam in one bulb.
Low beam in the outer bulb as usual.

wicius

Passed Driver's Ed
I'd like to refresh, because I can't find out about it on the internet, and many of you guys visit vw dealers. I don't have any near me, so please can you find out whether the golf with xenon lights has any daytime running lights?

mongo1

Ready to race!
I'd like to refresh, because I can't find out about it on the internet, and many of you guys visit vw dealers. I don't have any near me, so please can you find out whether the golf with xenon lights has any daytime running lights?

I am curious as well... Not sure the answer would alter my intention to go with the Xenons, but I am curious all the same. :)

zee

Go Kart Champion
according to what i've read on German forums the Golf VI xenons do not have DRLs.

I hope a new Bi-xenon headlight housing does not get designed for the Canada, because it looks really good as is. All vehicles registered in Canada must have DRLs to be be road legal, and the currect specs released for the MKVI lists Bi-xenon with AFS as standard options on the GTI.

zee

Go Kart Champion
sounds like CA will have xenons on allways as DRLs

I think you are right. I had read somewhere that the Tiguan and Touareg Bi-xenon headlights(which are similar), use the low-beam HID as DRL. Will keep a lookout for one on my drive home today.:thumbsup:

koolgreen

Ready to race!
Any update on this sequence of operation???
My A4 uses the fogs as daytime running lights and then they turn off if the main headlights come on.
Both can come on if the fog light is switched on.
Does the golf have rear fogs???
________
Honda Cn250 History

Last edited:

zee

Go Kart Champion
Based on OEM settings.

0 - Off. DRL activated when handbrake is down. DRL is low beam only.

1 - main beam (low & high) and accessory light.

1(pulled) - fog activated while main low beam is on. High beam deactivates fog light.

DRL is below

fokker

Ready to race!
Huh... I thought the DRL was that odd shaped light directly beneath the main beam.

So, what is the function of that secondary light? When does it turn on/off, etc? Thanks.

Attachments

• Picture6.jpg
    Picture6.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 4,105

koolgreen

Ready to race!
so the question remains, can you turn just the fog lights on???
ie no headlights at all.
just the lower fogs?

also are there rear fogs??
________
LESBIAN ORGY

Last edited:

zee

Go Kart Champion
Huh... I thought the DRL was that odd shaped light directly beneath the main beam.

So, what is the function of that secondary light? When does it turn on/off, etc? Thanks.

The light(beneath main beams) comes on when the main beam is switched on with the headlight switch...along with the side markers on the bumper and tail lights.

Last edited:

zee

Go Kart Champion
so the question remains, can you turn just the fog lights on???
ie no headlights at all.
just the lower fogs?

Cannot be accomplished with the stock headlight switch and vagcom settings.

To accomplish it on my car,
Step 1. I will have to buy an european headlight switch that can turn on fogs only.
Step 2. I will have to use vagcom to disable the use of the main low beams as DRL.

also are there rear fogs??
My Canadian car does not have a rear fog light because Ontario requires two reverse back up lights by law. European Mk6 cars with rear fogs only have one reverse light.