GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2009 Golf vs 2010 - which one to buy

bwspot

Hello,
I leave in Usa and i will be purchasing my new golf soon.
I want the basic version with moon roof ,seated heats.
I was planning to get 2009 rabbit but because new 2010 is coming I am confused and don't know which one would be better.
The dealer tells me that if i don't buy now i wont get a good deal.
He wants to sell me 2009 rabbit for 17600 with moonroof and seated heats?
What do you thing? Should I wait?
I am not in hurry.
I still have time till the beginning of September.

thx

Alex.

Ready to race!
For me, the Rabbit and Golf are not very comparable, being the Golf much nicer. If you have not, take a look at some pictures online.

zee

Go Kart Champion
It depends on how long you would like to keep the car and which one looks better to you.

The 2009 can be bought at huge deals at the moment, also the 2009 will probably be slightly cheaper before discounts than the 2010. Finance rates and dealer discounts are very good at the moment. If you plan to keep the car for 4-5years, then jump on the deal(and get GAP insurance). Favorable deals might not apperar on the 2010 till probably at least 3 months after launch. Dealers need to get rid of the 2009s, but the negatiation ball is in your court.:fighting0030:

On the other had, a 2009 Rabbit will hit huge depreciation because of the 2010 MK6 launch. Reports have shown the 2010 to be slightly more refined than the 2009, plus it has a lot more standard features. Will you be sad if you did not wait 4 months?

I also got a really good deal on a 2009 GTI, which is the smart value purchase but chose to get a 2010, as the 2009 will be out of fashion very soon.

Both will put a smile on your face.:D :burnrubber:

:23:

bwspot

It depends on how long you would like to keep the car and which one looks better to you.

The 2009 can be bought at huge deals at the moment, also the 2009 will probably be slightly cheaper before discounts than the 2010. Finance rates and dealer discounts are very good at the moment. If you plan to keep the car for 4-5years, then jump on the deal(and get GAP insurance). Favorable deals might not apperar on the 2010 till probably at least 3 months after launch. Dealers need to get rid of the 2009s, but the negatiation ball is in your court.:fighting0030:

On the other had, a 2009 Rabbit will hit huge depreciation because of the 2010 MK6 launch. Reports have shown the 2010 to be slightly more refined than the 2009, plus it has a lot more standard features. Will you be sad if you did not wait 4 months?

I also got a really good deal on a 2009 GTI, which is the smart value purchase but chose to get a 2010, as the 2009 will be out of fashion very soon.

Both will put a smile on your face.:D :burnrubber:

:23:

i think u r right, 2009 looks nice, but it is kind of stupid to get 2009 today and find out soon after that 2010 has more to offer,
I hope that 2010 price wont be that bad.
I was told by one of the dealers that 2010 models will show up in august.(USA)
Is this true?

Scharf1

i think u r right, 2009 looks nice, but it is kind of stupid to get 2009 today and find out soon after that 2010 has more to offer,
I hope that 2010 price wont be that bad.
I was told by one of the dealers that 2010 models will show up in august.(USA)
Is this true?

Build starts in August so most likely November.

bwspot

i hope two months with no car will be worth it,
so the dealer was not right,
august is just the production start

lovely09

If i were you,i will wait for the 2010 launch.Your confusion will be solve if you have compare the two,which is more good and great as a whole.