View Single Post
Old 10-30-2017, 03:16 PM   #13
Sauce118
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2010 VW GTI (6spd White)
Okay.. well the app "connects" now. I had to physically remove the dongle, forget it on Bluetooth, turn car off; then reverse the procedure... The app is also back in the app store as of now, so I was able to just delete it and re-install it to start fresh. There are still problems though; it connects (seems very intermittent however) to the Logging function and the Fault code function. Butttttt, it still tells me "ECMS NOT ENABLED" when I try to select that particular tab in the app. Which, for those of you who don't know, is the program/file/flash switching function. I am still able to switch files via the cruise control (the old school way), but for some reason the app will not read/communicate properly with my ECU to display my installed files, so I cannot switch on the fly. This is not a huge issue, however, it still does not work as advertised. I am still keeping my fingers crossed that they got to a certain point and released the app, but are still working to improve the efficiency of it. I am, however, hoping after a few weeks I will be able to use the dongle/app to switch programs again (Just an optimistic thought, as APR hasn't made any statements). The only time this really becomes an issue for me is when I run out of meth while driving on the highway or something. When this happens I would like to be able to switch from 100 octane to 93 real quick. I mean, the HFS-4 controller will cut boost to spring pressure (7-8 psi) when the low level sensor in the tank is tripped, but who wants to putt around on 7-8 psi when all they have to do is switch the file from 100 to 93 by the "press of a button/icon". I can always just pull over and switch back to 93 via cruise control, but it was nice just to be able to press a button/icon while driving and switch programs until I was able to make a new mixture and fill the meth tank up. Anyways; all in all, it looks like they are making progress at least, which is good. I still am hoping for a fully functional device in the near future, as that is how it is advertised on their site and that is what I bought the dongle for. I have been using it for some time now (until this happened) with no problems. I was hoping APR would chime in on this thread and give us an update by now, but I guess that's not gonna happen. Best of luck to everyone...
2010 GTi 6mt: Candy White: CTS K04 W/APR v3.12: AQUAMIST HFS-4 v3.1 W/M Direct Port: Peloquin LSD: Wilwood BBK: CTS Downpipe: Beluga CatBack: ARM Motorsports FMIC: CTS CAI: CTS BOV Kit: RSR Clutch: CTS Charge Pipes: Fluidampr Pulley: Koni Coilovers: WALK Kit: SPM Full Mounts: DieselGeek SS w/ bushings: Eurosport Front & Rear Strut Bar: STERN Brace: HID's: 'R' Grill: Various Cosmetics GT3073 BUILD IN PROGRESS!!!

Last edited by Sauce118; 10-30-2017 at 03:23 PM.
Sauce118 is offline   Reply With Quote