GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ECU remap - How much torque can DSG take?

TAZZ1

Ready to race!
Hi all,

Just ordered my Golf R:happyanim:
I intend to install the ABT ECU remap ugrade (german-based tuner which does not invalidate the manufacturer's Warranty in my country)
Gains will be around 35bhp and 50Nm.
I am concerned though about the impact on the transmission; does anyone know if the standard DSG gearbox on the car can take up to 400Nm of torque on the medium to long run?

Thx a lot:)

wildcars

Ready to race!
Hi there,

I'm running 205kw & 401nm torque, and i have no problems with the DSG box, rolling starts, gearbox gears like normal, and power is constant!

But on luanch control, i have to let it back a bit, around 2500rpm, as there's too much wheel spin...

TAZZ1

Ready to race!
Thx a lot,

I guess VW under-rates the torque limit of its DSG boxes fr safety reasons as the one you (and soon I) have is the wet clutch DQ250 rated at 350Nm max torque.

(Cool power output btw!)

If any one has had (or heard of) DSG problems please post.

Thanks in advance:)

Q822

Ready to race!
My friend has a TT 3.2 with a DSG and a single turbo set up.. He has something like 450 HP but I don't know about tq..It's probably a lot and doesn't have any problem...his TT is in a lot of magazine.

zee

Go Kart Champion
The OEM DSG clutches have been known on the golf5 to easily handle 400hp and about 300nm(260 lbs), but have been pushed to 500hp and 550nm(405lbs) without issues.
If you are seeking over 600nm(440lbs), you can upgrade the clutch and get a DSG remap.
You should probably increase your DSG flush interval if you are pushing over 400nm.

wildcars

Ready to race!
How often should i flush my DSG? (sorry if wording is incorrect)...

TAZZ1

Ready to race!
Thx for the answers; all this is reassuring

I really look forward to pumping up my R to 300+bhp, 400Nm

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
How often should i flush my DSG? (sorry if wording is incorrect)...

Book says 40k. I did it at 20k and it was black. Then I did it again another 20k later (with a k04 installed) and it looked brand new.

I still have no problem cutting that interval from 40 to 20 though, especially when modded. It cant hurt.

DarienMidnight

Ready to race!
Book says 40k. I did it at 20k and it was black. Then I did it again another 20k later (with a k04 installed) and it looked brand new.

I still have no problem cutting that interval from 40 to 20 though, especially when modded. It cant hurt.

what do u mean it was black ? the fluid? thats bad right?...so why when u got a higher turbo upgrade changed it at 20k and then the fluid looked brand new?

DarienMidnight

Ready to race!
Did you just bump an almost 8 year old thread?

Isn't that what a thread is for ?. Where else am I going to get my question answered ? You going to help ?

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
Well there is a good chance that, whoever you are asking the question to, is no longer on the forum or has the car, but Arin is around every once in a while, so he might respond eventually. There is also a good chance he won't remember a fluid change from 8 years ago.

CHerna

Ready to race!
Well there is a good chance that, whoever you are asking the question to, is no longer on the forum or has the car, but Arin is around every once in a while, so he might respond eventually. There is also a good chance he won't remember a fluid change from 8 years ago.

Yep. He is rarely on here, other than to post a new product or a sale going on.