View Single Post
Old 01-29-2018, 07:41 PM   #2
bart2278
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: racecar kngikcuf a sti
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricdiablo View Post
So Thursday, I was in a hurry and stuck in traffic long enough to be down to fumes in my gas tank. I stopped by a Chevron on Crenshaw, but wasn't paying attention to what I was doing (really old style gas pumps) and accidentally put in about 5 gallons of 87 octane.

Friday, I am making a left turn and the car starts crazy misfiring, complete with EPC light and blinking engine light. I filled it the rest of the way with 91 from a different station (not that it would even matter, but what the heck, let's just try it). Of course it did not help. I had to get it towed to the dealership and have just been quoted:

$581 for ignition coils & spark plugs + $138 for fuel induction service.

2 questions:
1. Price...should I tow it away and go somewhere else?
2. 2012, less than 50K miles, no modifications, what the hell was in that gas?
Holy fucking ballsack that's expensive. Run some octane booster, buy the coils and plugs online and have someone on here help you replace them if you don't know what your are doing.
Eurodyne Tune • ECS Intake • RSR Clutch • Peloquin LSD • Fluidampr Crank Pulley• Neuspeed FMIC • Charge & Top Pipe • Turbosmart Thing • Dieselgeek Short Throw • Eurojet Catless DP • Vanguard Catback • R8 Coils • Bosch Plugs • 034 Street Density Trans/Motor Mounts • Advanti HY Hybris Black • Conti ExtremeContact • Mabotech m380h w/tune
bart2278 is offline   Reply With Quote