GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New pics of my United Grey Golf mkVI 118TSI DSG

martim

hi,

i have recently bought a WD6050 from waywell and mounted on my golf VI...

there are many problems:

1. in the hot days the unit does not start... and i have to remove it and disconnect the power cable for few seconds... later on, it restarts normally, but i cannot go on unmounting and mounting the unit... (now i'm driving with some screwdriver under the seat...)

any idea to fix this problem??

2. the bluetooth works bad... the phonebook synchronizations does not fine, and the audio quality is bad (particularly on the other side of the call...)

3. the MFD does not work, but this is not a big problem... all the steering weel buttons work fine...

bye

Golf Mark 6

Tinting Question.

Hey there!

I know you got a good price from your friend, but could you suggest a good place to do the tinting? Don't really want to pay $500 for factory tinting, but then again also don't want an average job done...

PB23

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey there!

I know you got a good price from your friend, but could you suggest a good place to do the tinting? Don't really want to pay $500 for factory tinting, but then again also don't want an average job done...

Sent you a private message

ox518

Hi PB23, I am really interested in the mulit media unit you have installed. Is this kind of undermarket one or the real one from VW? How does this one compare to the RNS510?

Cheers

PB23

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi PB23, I am really interested in the mulit media unit you have installed. Is this kind of undermarket one or the real one from VW? How does this one compare to the RNS510?

Cheers

This unit is an aftermarket unit purchased from a member of this forum.
If you go to www.golfmkv.com there is a 100+ page thread which talks about the performance of this unit WD6050.

logger

PB23, your 6050 looks great installed and your clear fitting instructions are excellent. So thanks. Now that you have had the unit for 3 months are you still pleased with it. No doubt it will have some annoyances but on balance do the good points win out?

Also can you set the unit so that by default when you start your car it will come up with a moving map. Or do you have to go in everytime after waitng for it to boot up and select whatever the NAV app is included and fire it up.

Does the unit itself need to boot up each time or is it pretty much instant on like regular radio?

Reason I ask is my Toyota has OEM Nav and it is a nice feature to have the MAP there 24/7 by default.

Thnx.

rownie23

Thanks for the DIY guide you posted, had a little go at popping off the surround tonight. It is a bit nerve-wracking but really shouldn't be too stressful. I resisted taking it all the way off as I have a couple of questions.

I have a Blaupunkt Woodstock DAB head unit and I'm considering putting this in. Obviously I'll need a different cradle/fascia but I'm concerned about the antenna? Where is it? Is there a DAB adapter I'll need or does the antenna have a dual connector i.e. AM/FM and DAB?

Any advice will be most welcome, thanks in advance.

oileoi1

Passed Driver's Ed
This unit is an aftermarket unit purchased from a member of this forum.
If you go to www.golfmkv.com there is a 100+ page thread which talks about the performance of this unit WD6050.

Great post, this is exactly what I was looking for. I ordered mine and it should be here at the end of the year (the car) still deciding on this unit...

Any other serious problems you have had with this unit?

I saw one on ebay $773 and they can include the rear camara and digital tv but it looks ugly http://tinyurl.com/pgfkte

I was also wondering if this unit would be compatible with the original rear view camera from VW? which they quote me $500 here in Melbourne and sits nicely undder the VW badge not like this one here.

Great ride man!

Attachments

• CIMG1321.jpg
    CIMG1321.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:

PB23

Passed Driver's Ed
PB23, your 6050 looks great installed and your clear fitting instructions are excellent. So thanks. Now that you have had the unit for 3 months are you still pleased with it. No doubt it will have some annoyances but on balance do the good points win out?

Also can you set the unit so that by default when you start your car it will come up with a moving map. Or do you have to go in everytime after waitng for it to boot up and select whatever the NAV app is included and fire it up.

Does the unit itself need to boot up each time or is it pretty much instant on like regular radio?

Reason I ask is my Toyota has OEM Nav and it is a nice feature to have the MAP there 24/7 by default.

Thnx.

Sorry mate I have been away for a bit anyway....
The unit is excellent. The only problem I have with it is the microphone on bluetooth at times is poor. There is a thread at www.golfmkv.com about the WD6050 unit and some have suggested to drill the hole in the face of the unit bigger but I am not game enough to do that :laugh: Another thing, I may have connected wrong but I cannot power the unit without the engine off :iono:

There is a "hard" NAV button on the unit which takes you directly to Navigation program over the top of whatever you have running (ie radio, DVD or bluetooth etc). It does like most GPS devices take a minute to track the antenna.

The unit comes on instantly once the car is turned on - no time to boot up.

Sorry again for the delay.

PB23

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the DIY guide you posted, had a little go at popping off the surround tonight. It is a bit nerve-wracking but really shouldn't be too stressful. I resisted taking it all the way off as I have a couple of questions.

I have a Blaupunkt Woodstock DAB head unit and I'm considering putting this in. Obviously I'll need a different cradle/fascia but I'm concerned about the antenna? Where is it? Is there a DAB adapter I'll need or does the antenna have a dual connector i.e. AM/FM and DAB?

Any advice will be most welcome, thanks in advance.

Sorry about delay in reply....

I got my unit from oskar who is a member of golfmk6.com, if you email him he can answer your questions better than me about the antennae. I'm pretty sure there is a dual connector but cant remember 100% :iono:

PB23

Passed Driver's Ed
Great post, this is exactly what I was looking for. I ordered mine and it should be here at the end of the year (the car) still deciding on this unit...

I saw one on ebay $773 and they can include the rear camara and digital tv but it looks ugly http://tinyurl.com/pgfkte

I was also wondering if this unit would be compatible with the original rear view camera from VW? which they quote me $500 here in Melbourne and sits nicely undder the VW badge not like this one here.

Great ride man!

This unit has been a good performer for me. The only prob I have had is the microphone on bluetooth at times in poor. But I frequently use the NAV, DVD, radio and Bluetooth for both phone and music streaming from my iPhone and its works perfectly. I am very happy with this unit. If you have some spare time until your car arrives, have a flick through the 100+ pages of WD6050 at www.golfmkv.com - you will find a lot of people have had various comments on this unit.

I got my unit from Oskar (member of golfmk6.com) - he has been instrumental in solving any issues that have come up on the thread mentioned above.

At the end of the day I just bit the bullet and have been happy with the unit. Considering VW wanted $3500 for a similar unit, I think I am way infront.

PB23

Passed Driver's Ed

Great ride man!

........oh P.S. there is an input for rear view camera so I assume that it will be compatible.

bulaviti

I have purchased a WD6050 for my Golf - should arrive by end of week.
Has anyone got any pics on how to remove the dash in the mk6?

Took delivery of a TSI118 less than a month ago! Great car.

Anyone in Sydney have WD6050 installed in a MK VI that I can view as I am interested in buying one.

I am in the North Western suburbs.

Cheers