GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My prediction.. =)

Skamish

Passed Driver's Ed
On the vw website it has national offers for the gti that end on august 31st. I predict on september 1st that the new gti page will be up let us see if this becomes truth

Alex.

Ready to race!
Doesn't that also mean the cars should arrive Sept 1st...

If special offers end, that means all the 09 GTIs should be sold, and by Sept 1, the new 10s should be here, because dealers can't have no GTIs of a month or so. This is what it sounds like, but I know its WAY to good to be true for dealerships to have 10s on Tuesday.

SapphireRaven

The vw website had what would be a completed site page for the new gti and golf up if you went to the upcoming cars section.... the pages were only missing the build your own sections, but short of that they were complete... but they only had them up for a few days because i saw them less than a week ago and now... the link to the pages is gone from the site... like a teaser for those who check the vw site every single day.

stradovinski

Passed Driver's Ed
I hope you're right about Sept. 1st but I'm not hopeful. Emailed a dealer in my area and he thought October was more likely, but I didn't get the feeling he knew what he was talking about or he just wanted to get me to order one early.

I've heard so many dates I don't know what to think.

One thing I do know is there is 1 GTI left in my area (at least as of a week ago) so who knows how long the dry spell will last. Remember they haven't built any for a while now. Just selling through the rest.

Stein357

Ready to race!
The vw website had what would be a completed site page for the new gti and golf up if you went to the upcoming cars section.... the pages were only missing the build your own sections, but short of that they were complete... but they only had them up for a few days because i saw them less than a week ago and now... the link to the pages is gone from the site... like a teaser for those who check the vw site every single day.

VW took down the pages because there were many mistakes on it.

Skamish

Passed Driver's Ed
VW took down the pages because there were many mistakes on it.

The question is...why would VW, soon to be the larger automaker in the world..put up a page with a bunch of mistakes on it? Are they just trying to be mean or was it an honest mistake...lemme think :23:

Aussie3318

I personally remember seeing a couple of mistakes about features that were offered, but the only one I remember right now was the back-up camera.

And as far as release goes, I spoke to a dealer here in Louisiana last Thursday, and he showed me the sheet with "expected releases" for all of their upcoming 2010 models. The GTI was listed as "October", so he said that they may have some out on the show floor by mid to late September. He also said that the dealership itself won't know the prices for options until they receive their first vehicle.

taylor21

Ready to race!
nope. that only for the current promotion it. the first time it said it ends july something... then it extended the offer a month

Skamish

Passed Driver's Ed
this is all i know..and what matters. there will most probably be gti's in dealers at the end of september/1st week of october. we are in september 1st we've waited many months. we are almost there!!! soon it'll be a couple of more weeks...then days...then 2010 gti mk6 alone time :wub:

Victorface

This forum could definitely use a VW insider. What happened to that guy who worked with someone who's fiancee worked at VWoA?

Anyways, do you think the actual MSRP for the GTI or TDI will be higher or lower than those posted on vw.com/golf before it was taken down?

Skamish

Passed Driver's Ed
This forum could definitely use a VW insider. What happened to that guy who worked with someone who's fiancee worked at VWoA?

Anyways, do you think the actual MSRP for the GTI or TDI will be higher or lower than those posted on vw.com/golf before it was taken down?

http://ask.cars.com/2009/08/when-is-the-2010-golfgti-arriving-at-dealerships.html

Check out this article posted a couple of days ago... it says the gti will be 23,290. Only 60 dollars more than the current...on the vw site before they took it down it had been a 600 dollar difference i believe. maybe volkswagen made a mistake with adding an extra 0 in 60..but who knows. from what a close of mine told me who is close friends with ppl in volkswagen he said it'll be only around 100 dollars more. also, he told me his gti will be in by september 6 o.0 weird crap going on