GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf VI Ordered

zevion

UNM0DERAT0R
My MkV R32 has quickly become a project car so I needed a daily driver. Golf VI on the way in October. 4 doors, because I already have 2. 2.5 engine, because I probably won't be able to resist modding it and that's a pretty good lump to extract power from.

I requested CW, but the UG sure does look good. Decisions, decisions. Actually there's not many decisions, the US models are pretty much bare of options. Especially the Golf with the 2.5.

Anyway, first post to say hi! :thumbsup:

dthomas53

Passed Driver's Ed
What kind of deal did you get? I'm currently in discussions with local dealers at the moment, so just curcious...

Thanks! ...and congrats! :w00t:

JJ-R32

Administrator
Staff member
My MkV R32 has quickly become a project car so I needed a daily driver. Golf VI on the way in October. 4 doors, because I already have 2. 2.5 engine, because I probably won't be able to resist modding it and that's a pretty good lump to extract power from.

I requested CW, but the UG sure does look good. Decisions, decisions. Actually there's not many decisions, the US models are pretty much bare of options. Especially the Golf with the 2.5.

Anyway, first post to say hi! :thumbsup:

COngrats! Always good to see a Golfmkv member join here as well :thumbsup:

zevion

UNM0DERAT0R
What kind of deal did you get? I'm currently in discussions with local dealers at the moment, so just curcious...

Thanks! ...and congrats! :w00t:

Dealer wasn't able to confirm pricing just yet. So I just paid a deposit and placed the order anyway. Did your dealer have pricing? Mine had all the information on colors and options but no pricing. I told him about the MSRP's listed on the VW website (that have since been removed) and he didn't know what I was talking about. I thought that was kinda funny.

CW = Candy White (color), I believe.

Exactly. And UG = United Gray.

COngrats! Always good to see a Golfmkv member join here as well :thumbsup:

Hey thanks man. Seems liking a natural progression to go from MkV to MkVI :thumbsup: How about you, 04 or 08 R32? Color?

HEY! MN... Me too! Alright!

:)

Woot! :thumbup:

dthomas53

Passed Driver's Ed
Just ordered mine this past Wednesday! :thumbup:

2DR, Manual Trans, Carbon Steel Gray w/ Dynaudio

Can. Not. Wait. :drool:

2 door manual, CW. Sunroof, navigation, HID, dynaudio. I'm in Maryland but going through an out of state dealer who gave me a VERY fair deal IMHO. However, I'm probably going to die of liver failure prior to delivery since there's nothing to do but drink beer and wait for the damn thing to get here already!:lol:

dthomas53

Passed Driver's Ed
2 door manual, CW. Sunroof, navigation, HID, dynaudio. I'm in Maryland but going through an out of state dealer who gave me a VERY fair deal IMHO. However, I'm probably going to die of liver failure prior to delivery since there's nothing to do but drink beer and wait for the damn thing to get here already!:lol:

Very nice.:w00t:

I wish I could have afforded the NAV + Sunroof, but it's just too expensive IMO. I'll settle for a ~$500 Garmin Nuvi instead...

Very nice.:w00t:

I wish I could have afforded the NAV + Sunroof, but it's just too expensive IMO. I'll settle for a ~$500 Garmin Nuvi instead...

As far as just getting the RNS-510 for navigation only - I'm with you and would just stick with my current Garmin which works fine and cost $200 or so a year ago. However, throw in the video capability, HDD with hopefully faster access times than a SD card and (according to Kufatec folks) touch screen capability with a Fiscon bluetooth basic-pro kit that the RCD-510 won't have and I said WTF and ordered it.

The lower than expected prices which were up temporarily actually made that decision for me. I was pricing HID's and Dynaudio at $1,000 each. When it looked like it was only going to be $600 and $400 respectively, plus going with a 2 door, that knocked enough off the price that I said to hell with it and changed to the Nav. It is incredibly more convienent to have a factory nav plus the cool factor is very high. I may hate myself later though.

Sunroof - same thing. I know it's 50 lbs of unsprung weight exactly where you don't want it (highest CG point on the car). But I love my sunroofs and don't want to give them up. Plus, it's a VW. Which are notorious for clogging the drain tubes then leaking water all under the headliner. Sigh - can't win here :mad0259:

nyte3k

Ready to race!
As far as just getting the RNS-510 for navigation only - I'm with you and would just stick with my current Garmin which works fine and cost $200 or so a year ago. However, throw in the video capability, HDD with hopefully faster access times than a SD card and (according to Kufatec folks) touch screen capability with a Fiscon bluetooth basic-pro kit that the RCD-510 won't have and I said WTF and ordered it.

The lower than expected prices which were up temporarily actually made that decision for me. I was pricing HID's and Dynaudio at $1,000 each. When it looked like it was only going to be $600 and $400 respectively, plus going with a 2 door, that knocked enough off the price that I said to hell with it and changed to the Nav. It is incredibly more convienent to have a factory nav plus the cool factor is very high. I may hate myself later though.

Sunroof - same thing. I know it's 50 lbs of unsprung weight exactly where you don't want it (highest CG point on the car). But I love my sunroofs and don't want to give them up. Plus, it's a VW. Which are notorious for clogging the drain tubes then leaking water all under the headliner. Sigh - can't win here :mad0259:

How willing were the dealers to negotiate price since we're talking about a brand new redesigned car, not yet available?

I wonder how flexible they will be with the TDI (what i'm leaning toward) since they would probably classify diesels right now as "hot" items.

How willing were the dealers to negotiate price since we're talking about a brand new redesigned car, not yet available?

I wonder how flexible they will be with the TDI (what i'm leaning toward) since they would probably classify diesels right now as "hot" items.

TDI's are going to be high demand apparently - looks like MSRP on Jettas, JSWs and Golf TDI's at first. I ordered through TurboPaul off vwvortex. I'm in Maryland so NJ isn't far (used to live there). He is super easy to work with and the price his sales manager agreed to for initial GTI's is very fair. If you contact him, he can give you more details.

nyte3k

Ready to race!
unfortunately i'm in Atlanta and NJ would be rather far to go for me heh. Maybe I could get fleet pricing going through my credit union. I also believe TDIs have a $1300 or so tax credit through December 2010. That plus a good deal would be rather awesome.