GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Test drove the GTI!!!! =D

Skamish

Passed Driver's Ed
HEY GUYS!

the dealer i went to (Esserman in Miami) had 2 GTI's...a carbon steal with leather and sunroof and xenon with 4 doors.

And my favorite..2 door candy white 18 inch wheels with sunroof xenon and cloth interior w/ manual transmission.

I have to tell u guys...screw those pics u have seen of the GTI..the car is SICK in person the interior is seriously off the chain and the outside looks amazing. i liked the cloth interior A LOT more than the leather. the leather didn't feel too high quality and the seats weren't that big of a deal the cloth gave the car a lot more style to it! it looks way more expensive and high quality than the mk5 an the touch screen is so cool. you just have to see the car it is REALLY GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry i didn't get pics i was too excited when i got there and i only had my phone i'm gonna go again and post some pics. the candy white 2 door with 18's is FREAKING AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U HAVE TO SEE THE INTERIOR IT IS REALLY NICE

Alex.

Ready to race!
That's what I'm getting, I saw it in person too. I agree, the interior is really nice compared to the MKV. And the exterior looks a lot different in person. The leather is the same quality as the MKV, but the shape of the seat is nicer. I feel that the bottom grille is subtler in real life. Also, the front end is just as curvy as the MKV (It looks flat in photos) Do you guys feel that all these seats are made for really short people? (I am not tall).

:mad0259: I can't go test drive one until later this week so you guys are killing me! Well, looking forward to it. Mine is scheduled for production 10/14 so now begins the waiting :cry:. Fortunately, that's a Wednesday. I'm assuming that the old axiom from GM holds true for the Germans as well (don't ever get a car made on Friday).

You have a production date? I never got one.

Comm num - 872992
VIN -
Status - Factory Order Bank
Actual Production - Week 43/2009 - 10/19/2009
Order Configuration

Model Year: 2010
Model: 5K19Y2 GTI 2-DR 2.0T MAN PZEV $23,290
Exterior Color: B4B4 CANDY WHITE $0
Interior Color: XE JACKY ( CLOTH ) $0
Options: 3FE POWER SUNROOF $1,000
9VE PREMIUM SOUND SYSTEM $476
9W2 BLUETOOTH LOW $NA
P71 NAVIGATION $1,750
P83 XENON HEADLAMP PACKAGE $700
DESTINATION CHARGE $700
EMISSION FEE $0

Estimated Total MSRP $NA
----------------------------------------------------

Alex.

Ready to race!
And you got Navigation????? The dealer said I have no production date because I ordered Nav. When did you place this order? maybe you did it before I did.

And you got Navigation????? The dealer said I have no production date because I ordered Nav. When did you place this order? maybe you did it before I did.

Paul has been very easy to work with and incredibly helpful. I told him what I wanted back in August and gave him a credit card to place a refundable deposit at the time. But I could have done that yesterday - nothing counts until the dealer gets allocation which was today. Don't know why you're being told no nav available early. Hopefully your sales dude can explain. We'll see if I actually get one as ordered in late October/November but system is saying they'll build mine in Mosel (2 door US GTI's coming from there apparently) the week of 10/19. Since I am taking delivery in NJ and the cars are shipped to Rhode Island for NE region delivery, they just throw them on a truck rather than having to ship via rail.

Last edited:

Alex.

Ready to race!
Nice, you should be getting yours very soon. Washington is on the other side of the country though. I heard it takes about 2 months to bring it from east to west; hard to believe.

Maybe they did not place the order correctly? And they said my order was declined and I they ordered it again, so now I have a new commision number. I did not have to make a refundable down payment though.

What does it mean when the dealer gets allocation?

Nice, you should be getting yours very soon. Washington is on the other side of the country though. I heard it takes about 2 months to bring it from east to west; hard to believe.

Maybe they did not place the order correctly? And they said my order was declined and I they ordered it again, so now I have a new commision number. I did not have to make a refundable down payment though.

What does it mean when the dealer gets allocation?

Get allocation means VWoA has opened up ordering for them and they know how many (for example) GTI's they can get for a period. Typically this is based on past sales performance. To simplify, Alex's VW of Seattle sold 100 GTI's last model year. Good job, demographics still look favorable so VWoA will give you 120 GTI's to sell this year. Your job is to order what you think will sell the best/fastest/for the highest price based on previous sales last year. For example, if no one wanted the 2 door manual at MSRP but the 4 door DSG's units you ordered went flying off the floor for $500 over MSRP, what are you going to order this time around?

This is one reason that ordering a car can be advantageous. I've told you via a deposit "this is what I want, if you order it, I'll buy it". No risk by the dealer, the customer has already given you the sale. You don't have to carry inventory or pay insurance on cars sitting on the lot or overhead for doughnuts, etc. Just give the customer what they "ordered" and boom - you just moved a unit with little effort or cost to Alex's VW.

So, that's allocation in a nutshell. As we've posted on here previously, the dealers could not order any of their 2010 Golfs/GTI's until VWoA told them the slots were now assigned and available. The launch cars that are hitting the lots now were all spec'ed out by VWoA and the dealers just had to take what they got sent to them.

I don't know the West Coast delivery points but VW (and every other manufacturer) ships to multiple ports in the US. So you're not waiting for transcontinental shipping or anything. It just takes the boats a little longer to go from Germany to LA rather than Germany to Rhode Island. There's this little land mass called Central & South America and you have to go around a lot of it. Thankfully, we have the Panama Canal and even the super container ships can still get through - although they have to do it one boat at a time :p

Last edited:

Skamish

Passed Driver's Ed
nice man!! yes that is exactly how the gti i saw looked! 2 door manual like that with the 18's and sunroof.

is that coconut creek vw in florida? if so do u kno what dsg mkvi gti models they have there? i didn't visit their dealer

Danny Boy1

Ready to race!
man, this thing gets the same mpg as my rabbit wtf!?!?!?? lol

Alex.

Ready to race!
Get allocation means VWoA has opened up ordering for them and they know how many (for example) GTI's they can get for a period. Typically this is based on past sales performance. To simplify, Alex's VW of Seattle sold 100 GTI's last model year. Good job, demographics still look favorable so VWoA will give you 120 GTI's to sell this year. Your job is to order what you think will sell the best/fastest/for the highest price based on previous sales last year. For example, if no one wanted the 2 door manual at MSRP but the 4 door DSG's units you ordered went flying off the floor for $500 over MSRP, what are you going to order this time around?

This is one reason that ordering a car can be advantageous. I've told you via a deposit "this is what I want, if you order it, I'll buy it". No risk by the dealer, the customer has already given you the sale. You don't have to carry inventory or pay insurance on cars sitting on the lot or overhead for doughnuts, etc. Just give the customer what they "ordered" and boom - you just moved a unit with little effort or cost to Alex's VW.

So, that's allocation in a nutshell. As we've posted on here previously, the dealers could not order any of their 2010 Golfs/GTI's until VWoA told them the slots were now assigned and available. The launch cars that are hitting the lots now were all spec'ed out by VWoA and the dealers just had to take what they got sent to them.

I don't know the West Coast delivery points but VW (and every other manufacturer) ships to multiple ports in the US. So you're not waiting for transcontinental shipping or anything. It just takes the boats a little longer to go from Germany to LA rather than Germany to Rhode Island. There's this little land mass called Central & South America and you have to go around a lot of it. Thankfully, we have the Panama Canal and even the super container ships can still get through - although they have to do it one boat at a time :p

Thanks for being so helpful. I guess I will inquire a little more, and see whats going on.

Luis G

Passed Driver's Ed
Here is my order status

Status - Production Stock
ETA Next Status - 09/28/2009

Just a few more days until the build is finished.:happyanim: