GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JD Lighting H8 HID Fog Kit... Props to Ben@P2Spec

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
DIY: JD Lighting H8 HID Fog Kit... Props to Ben@P2Spec

Scroll down for a DIY

My kit just arrived this afternoon! I took a few pics of the expert packaging and genuine quality. I can't wait to install 'em!

Durable build and quality products!

Thanks Ben@P2Spec!

Last edited:

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
So I found a nice spot to mount them, where I tested if they were vulnerable to movement after the car was in motion, that I found secure. I'll post a DIY tomorrow morning.

cmlteg

Passed Driver's Ed
I got mine too, going to install them on monday, where's that DIY??? ;)

FinalOne

Ready to race!
can anyone explain to me what is this pls?
and where is it installed?

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
What kelvin did you go with?

These replace your stock halogen fog light bulbs with Xenon HIDs.

cmlteg

Passed Driver's Ed
I believe they r 6000k

FinalOne

Ready to race!

i should have known that there is a cheapest way to have Xenon's before i bought my GTI :mad0259:

Ben1

Go Kart Champion
Guys, while I know this sucks to try to explain in words, there's a shelf space area underneath your headlights that is tricky to get to, but the ballasts would be safest and most "clean" looking being tucked through there and wired down into the wheel well. I walked dubbinit through finding the area...sucks that I just don't have an inner engine bay angle for you guys yet :).

I'm sure though that DubbinIt and I have the same "stealth" setup for our HID fogs :)

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
I still don't get how these don't throw a code. They look no different from any other HID kits... Posted on the other thread about them but haven't heard anything.

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
I got mine too, going to install them on monday, where's that DIY??? ;)

You guys will see pics tomorrow ;) I'm drunk right now, so it won't work out too well lol

cant wait for the DIY mines hopefully will be ordered next week,when i get my hands on some cash XD

It's a pretty good deal! Work on getting some, they're worth it.

They are fog lights that fit in the slots with the same type of bulb and ballasts (included).

6000K looks amazing. Pics and DIY after school tomorrow and when I sober up.

I believe they r 6000k

You can order many different colors off of P2Spec.com

i should have known that there is a cheapest way to have Xenon's before i bought my GTI :mad0259:

These are just fogs, FYI.

I still don't get how these don't throw a code. They look no different from any other HID kits... Posted on the other thread about them but haven't heard anything.

These don't throw a code :p
They work perfectly and fit perfectly.
DIY after I sober up :D

Ben1

Go Kart Champion
Lol J, don't tell me half the time you were excited on the phone about these that you were under the influence?! :X - yep, these don't throw codes :).

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
Lol J, don't tell me half the time you were excited on the phone about these that you were under the influence?! :X - yep, these don't throw codes :).

I get that they don't throw codes, I just would like to know how that is achieved. Is there some kind of built in resistor in the ballast that fools the ECM?

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion
I get that they don't throw codes, I just would like to know how that is achieved. Is there some kind of built in resistor in the ballast that fools the ECM?

All its looking for is the resistance that a bulb is working... i think

Ben1

Go Kart Champion

I can't vouch specifically on how this company achieves the non-error properties but I do know this kit has also worked on other euro automobiles with no complaints to errors in foglights - however it is manufactured I'm sure has to do with the innards of that ballast because nothing 'extra' was required other than what was included in those pics above.