GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Front and rear Cayenne Big Brake Kit available for MK6

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
Thank You!

Those are gonna be some HEAVY rotors I assume. You had mentioned some lightweight options in previous posts. Any direct links to the actual part?

I figure the Porsche caliper weighs less than the OEM GTI bits hopefully the weight gain overall (front conversion) is minimal.

Do you have any weight comparisons between OEM and various aftermarket bits?

Are most people going with the 330 mm set up?

The GL450 solid rotors are about 29lbs, I believe. Not sure if Powerslot makes the rotors for those; I know rear Powerslot rotors are available for the CL63/E55AMG application.

The lightweight rotor is the JHM 2-piece slotted rotors here: http://www.jhmotorsports.com/shop/catalog/front-rotorspair-jhm-350mm-for-cayenne-caliper-on-b6b7-p-443.html

The Porsche calipers are a bit lighter, yes.

Not many are going with 330mm due to difficulty in finding rotors that work - they need to have custom C230 Sport 330mm rotors worked on - the holes need to be sanded out and various other things done to it.

xola3que

euroturd
The GL450 solid rotors are about 29lbs, I believe. Not sure if Powerslot makes the rotors for those; I know rear Powerslot rotors are available for the CL63/E55AMG application.

The lightweight rotor is the JHM 2-piece slotted rotors here: http://www.jhmotorsports.com/shop/catalog/front-rotorspair-jhm-350mm-for-cayenne-caliper-on-b6b7-p-443.html

The Porsche calipers are a bit lighter, yes.

Not many are going with 330mm due to difficulty in finding rotors that work - they need to have custom C230 Sport 330mm rotors worked on - the holes need to be sanded out and various other things done to it.

That's right, GL450 rotors are monsters. Sure it's a cheaper solution but you know you will have to one day face the inevitable of getting the lighter rotors. I say you do that up front if you can to save labor, gas mileage and performance.

I haven't confirm if JHM B5 rotors work. But to be honest I have hard time shelling out $700 of my hard-earned cash on them. I'm running my own hat design using Coleman 355mm aluminuminized steel performance rotors. Those are extremely light. Beat those JHM rotors by a long shot. I get to use the best material and tailor to my own taste and save money for other things.

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
That's right, GL450 rotors are monsters. Sure it's a cheaper solution but you know you will have to one day face the inevitable of getting the lighter rotors. I say you do that up front if you can to save labor, gas mileage and performance.

I haven't confirm if JHM B5 rotors work. But to be honest I have hard time shelling out $700 of my hard-earned cash on them. I'm running my own hat design using Coleman 355mm aluminuminized steel performance rotors. Those are extremely light. Beat those JHM rotors by a long shot. I get to use the best material and tailor to my own taste and save money for other things.

Will you be making the hat available for purchase? :D I like the idea of a cheaper alternative to the JHM rotors being available. Can we see pictures as well?

xola3que

euroturd
Will you be making the hat available for purchase? :D I like the idea of a cheaper alternative to the JHM rotors being available. Can we see pictures as well?

Not sure about making the hats available for purchase. I got away with the first pair because I was doing prototyping so I scavenged around the shop for some left over T7071 aluminum plates. But to get the shop to commit to a order I need more than just one pair to make it happen. It makes sense because 80% of the time are required to load tools and programing. Not to mention we have to buy raw materials and that don't mean just two plates.

I have to go dig up in my old HD to get to those pics. I'll get those up eventually.

xola3que

euroturd
I'm doing this to help out so if we get to 5 pairs, I can submit an order to Coleman for the rotor rings and have my shop do the hats. I don't skim anything for profit so whatever they charge me I will charge you guys. If we can get the total for each pair down to $400, I think that's an amazing deal. We only use T7071 aircraft aluminum, unlike those made from JHM or Coleman, they use low grade stuffs which is easy for mass production machining and keep the price of raw material down, but I'm not so sure about performance.

Milo1975

I'm doing this to help out so if we get to 5 pairs, I can submit an order to Coleman for the rotor rings and have my shop do the hats. I don't skim anything for profit so whatever they charge me I will charge you guys. If we can get the total for each pair down to $400, I think that's an amazing deal. We only use T7071 aircraft aluminum, unlike those made from JHM or Coleman, they use low grade stuffs which is easy for mass production machining and keep the price of raw material down, but I'm not so sure about performance.

I am totally in if you can get the price in and around your $400.00 approximation.

So, that's one of 5

xola3que

euroturd
Just an update
I'm turning a pair of hats to work with the 355mm Coleman rings as we speak. Should be able to test fitted and trial run by the following week.
CT

EL_3grab

Beast from Middle East
Hey Choung

Put me down for a set please :D

How about a set for the rears also ?

Ghanem

xola3que

euroturd
Good to hear from you again Ghanem

I think we might muster up to 5 pairs, We will get the rotor rings cheaper and the hats as well.
The rear is a bit different, I can have it at the same dia but not the offset. So that's different batch.
Let's see how it goes with the front first, if everyone is happy we can repeat the same thing on the rear.

Any suggestion how we would do this moneywise? I don't want to load my CC up doing favors but at the same time people want to make sure they get what they get???

EL_3grab

Beast from Middle East
Good to hear from you again Ghanem

I think we might muster up to 5 pairs, We will get the rotor rings cheaper and the hats as well.
The rear is a bit different, I can have it at the same dia but not the offset. So that's different batch.
Let's see how it goes with the front first, if everyone is happy we can repeat the same thing on the rear.

Any suggestion how we would do this moneywise? I don't want to load my CC up doing favors but at the same time people want to make sure they get what they get???

Definitely, put your cut in it that only would seem fair

Also contact all the people who bought the Stg3 kit from you, I'm sure more will be interested

also, you can just sell the hats separately for less trouble ;)