Thread: Andromeda
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 12:52 AM   #76
gtimk6spd
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2010 GTI 2 door 6 speed
A little update on the car. I could not get the data from the VCDS to my computer correctly and the P0302 code kept coming back. Idle wasn't perfect in the cold and power felt down the colder it got. I ended up taking the car to VW who thought the issue was valve float. They recommended going to an aftermarket performance shop to get upgraded valve springs put in.

My car is currently at a new shop and isn't getting new valve springs. Instead, at the recommendation of this shop, I am getting a carbon cleaning and new injectors. I should have the car back within the next few days and hope to have no more CEL.

Once I get the car back I am going to put on some steel rims and winter tires. I plan to get these steelies. For tires I am thinking either Blizzak WS80 or Michelin X-ICE X13 205/55R16.
2010 GTI 6MT CW 2 DR | APR Stage 2, DP, Cabonio Intake, Catch Can, Pendulum | WaveTrac LSD | Southbend Stage 2 Daily | DieselGeek Sigma 6 | AWE Catback DBT | Neuspeed Hi-Flo | ARM FMIC, TOP | NewSouth Boost Gauge | 034 Dogbone, Subframe, Engine/Tranny Mounts | TyrolSport Master Bracket | "R8" Coils
gtimk6spd is offline   Reply With Quote