View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 01:59 PM   #6
syonxwf
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: '13 MKVI GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris659 View Post
Hey I was wondering if anyone has ever run against an Abarth 500? There's one near where I work that looks like it has had some work done to it but not sure what they're capable of... I hope to catch him one day while I'm in my car
I ran one with him having FBO and tune a few weeks ago when I was still stage 2 (APR), and I blew past him like he was standing still. I heard he's going BT soon (from the tuner that works on his car, which is how I verified what he had done), but I haven't seen him again since then (and I'm K04 now anyways).

I looked around and it's looking like they're hitting around 260whp with a tune and big turbo, though I've also read that guys hitting 275whp are also having to do (or are at least being seriously recommended to do) internals, so my guess is that 260+ is pushing the envelope with those little engines. Even still, at 260whp they would be a pretty good match for a low output k04, at least in the lower speeds (sub 100mph).

All that being said, if he isn't big turbo, you'll smash him with K04.
// 2013 CSG GTI 6M // APR K04 v3.1 Low Output // Neuspeed FMIC // IE Intake // Sigma 6 SS // Ed's LED Tails // H&R Ultra Low Coilovers // Eurojet DP // Custom 3" Catback & Vibrant Resonator // Neuspeed Torque Insert // SB S2 Daily Clutch w/SMFW
// 2013 RAM 1500 Quad Cab // Custom 3" Stainless Exhaust // Dual Cherry Bomb Extreme Mufflers // Anzo U-Bar Black Headlights
syonxwf is offline   Reply With Quote