View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 01:15 AM   #4
SixZeroFour
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2010 GTI
I also just completed this mod over the weekend. Great job on the DIY snobrdrdan!

This is easily one of my favorite mods so far. It makes a substantial difference in the amount of noise transferred into the cabin from the engine. I no longer get that deep resonating "intake" type sound when you get caught accelerating at low rpm (I also have the carbonio), just silky smooth turbo/engine noise. I'm not sure how to best describe it but it almost sounds like the 4cyl was replaced with a V6... the engine doesn't sound like its working as hard to produce the power.

One of the biggest highlights about this mod for me was that the "rocks in a can" noise as I shift from 1-2 is notably quieter than before.

MK05 - HJ09: In theory you should pickup some throttle response but I did not notice anything substantial.

Highly recommended mod
.: 2010 CSG GTI :: 6-Speed :: RNS-510 :: Leather :: 18" VW Velos Wheels :: APR Loaded ECU :: Carbonio Intake :: Autotech Mount Insert :: TIG Noise Pipe Delete :: VF Engineering Short Shifter :.
SixZeroFour is offline   Reply With Quote