GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MASTER CLUTCH APPLICATION GUIDE - WHAT DO WE REALLY NEED?

fraydknot

Passed Driver's Ed
Me too:laugh:

I probably won't have it installed until march so don't hold your breath for a review lol

I'm putting the stage 2 endurance silent in right now

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Clutch1

Passed Driver's Ed
Any way you could post a video of the sound? GB ends tomorrow and i'm still torn between this and the CM kit.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
I am torn on which clutch option to go with,
SB Drop In________________$764.81
CM FX350 Disc + CM PP _______$999.72
CM FX350___________________$1,327.61

These are the prices for my situation.

Ugh... DECISIONS!

FLtrooper

Go Kart Champion

Ugh... DECISIONS!

I was in same position..

I went with the FX-350 hoping to avoid any regrets!

:)

kern417

Go Kart Champion
Just to put in my 2 cents, I believe the large move to clutch masters is not only due to the issues people had with southbend, but also to the success people have had since. I thought all hope was lost when i heard people were having clutches fail so quickly and didn't getting a lot of support from southbend via a fix vs a replacement. The need to change their design could be unique to their manufacturing. But when CM hit the scene and brought some competition to the open eyes of the forum it's only natural for people to try it out. And with no one having similar failures I feel safe to say that their design is solid enough for the application.

That being said, I just ordered my fx400. i nutted up and got the 8 pad instead of the 6 puck, but if it doesn't last to my liking i'll probably switch to the puck next go around. Hopefully I don't have to make that choice for some years.

I'll be getting it installed by someone locally rather than a shop. i couldn't say no to $200 from a former mechanic at the busiest vw shop here.

JT641

Banned
Any way you could post a video of the sound? GB ends tomorrow and i'm still torn between this and the CM kit.

Ugh... DECISIONS!

Got FX350 with the SMF on the way

I was in same position..

I went with the FX-350 hoping to avoid any regrets!

:)

Same here

I want in on the sale for the kit, but I don't wanna shell out that much cash right now :( If I could get that 0% interest credit card, i'd do it.

Checkout PayPals Bill Me Later Option, If you pay it off in six months you don't pay any interest, I've/You've got until July 1st to pay it off in full. I wouldn't have been able to do it otherwise.:thumbsup:

gomez33

Ready to race!
+1 to cm FX400 8 PUCK i love it. just got it well worth it im stage 2
hopefully soon to have w/m Injection

JT641

Banned
+1 to cm FX400 8 PUCK i love it. just got it well worth it im stage 2
hopefully soon to have w/m Injection

Almost went with that one but ordered the fx350 instead, How does it feel pedal pressure, Is it like on or off like what others have said.

fraydknot

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm putting the stage 2 endurance silent in right now

200 miles so far and I love it. Hardly any louder than stock. There is a noticable difference, but not much. FYI I orderrx mine from Jon @Southbend to make sure I received the newest model.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
200 miles so far and I love it. Hardly any louder than stock. There is a noticable difference, but not much. FYI I orderrx mine from Jon @Southbend to make sure I received the newest model.

Do you notice the gear lash (sound) at low speed?

fraydknot

Passed Driver's Ed
Do you notice the gear lash (sound) at low speed?

Lash? All i hear is a slight chatter when backing off the throttle.

SRT2GTI

Banned
I'm getting my Clutchmasters FX350 kit installed tonight. I probably won't get my car back until Saturday night or perhaps Sunday morning. I decided to go with Clutchmasters after hearing overall positive feedback regarding this particular clutch kit.

Some may have seen my previous posts on how I feel about SBC products. I've been through some nightmare situations with their products (previous vehicle). I don't wish to repeat mistakes of the past, so I will avoid SBC like the plague moving forward.

In regards to my GTI, I was tuned with stage 1 and an intake at 1,000 miles. I went stage 2 (with all mods in my sig) at 13,000 miles. I'm currently a tad under 30K and I'm experiencing some mild clutch slippage in 4th and 5th gear mainly during highway acceleration.

I will most definitely post back with my intial thoughts, impressions, and review of the FX350 once I get a little "behind the wheel" time.