GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

rpm stutter *PLEASE HELP!!!*

vdubgirl23

Ready to race!
so i attached a link to my video showing what my rpm's do while driving. this happens almost all the time while driving in any gear and remaining at a constant speed or doing cruise control. i have asked people and no one is able to come up with an exact answer because my car runs perfectly fine. there is no stutter or movement of any kind at idle just when driving. car starts up fine, pretty much drives fine except for the movement of the needle. please help!

http://youtu.be/2dBxqtbuDVY

EMaster24

Ready to race!
Can you hear the motor fluctuating with the needle, or is the motor humming along and the needle is just dancing to it's own tune? Sorry, couldn't hear from the video

idriveastick

Ready to race!
Misfire? Bad plugs? Dirty plugs? Bad gas? Bad/faulty coilpack(s)? How many miles on the car, OP? What grade of fuel are you using?

JoshuaNY

Passed Driver's Ed
I noticed mine doing the same thing the other day when driving a few hundred miles. Hadn't noticed if it did it before. I'll be watchin this thread.

CrzyP

Ready to race!
so i attached a link to my video showing what my rpm's do while driving. this happens almost all the time while driving in any gear and remaining at a constant speed or doing cruise control. i have asked people and no one is able to come up with an exact answer because my car runs perfectly fine. there is no stutter or movement of any kind at idle just when driving. car starts up fine, pretty much drives fine except for the movement of the needle. please help!

http://youtu.be/2dBxqtbuDVY

I have this same problem but with my speedo needle.

bimmer635csi

Ready to race!
What kind of transmission?

How many miles on the car?

Any tuning to the vehicle?

Can you make it do this in Neutral without the car moving? (If yes, that would be a huge benefit to diagnose the root cause)

It sure would be nice to hear the engine instead of that def music. :)

Some suggestions:

Maybe clogged fuel filter (if the car is higher miles)

Bad coils (as said before)

Bad signal wire from engine speed sensor to dash, including all the smoke and mirror CAN signalling in between

vdubgirl23

Ready to race!
What kind of transmission?

How many miles on the car?

Any tuning to the vehicle?

Can you make it do this in Neutral without the car moving? (If yes, that would be a huge benefit to diagnose the root cause)

It sure would be nice to hear the engine instead of that def music. :)

Some suggestions:

Maybe clogged fuel filter (if the car is higher miles)

Bad coils (as said before)

Bad signal wire from engine speed sensor to dash, including all the smoke and mirror CAN signalling in between

6mt, 56k, completely stock, and doesnt move when idling. only way to try neutral would be to rev it up and hold which id rather not do lol engine isnt making a sound lol i do apologize for the music it was a last minute recording cause i happened to be on a road trip so perfect time for cruise control.

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
Can you hear the motor fluctuating with the needle, or is the motor humming along and the needle is just dancing to it's own tune? Sorry, couldn't hear from the video

OP can't hear anything with that much techno music playing

;)

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
OP can't hear anything with that much techno music playing

;)

lol@ calling trance "techno" :laugh: You'd get mugged if you said that in Detroit rofl

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
Vdubgirl did you ever take it to the dealership and see what they said? You still have CPO right?

vdubgirl23

Ready to race!
Vdubgirl did you ever take it to the dealership and see what they said? You still have CPO right?

yup and they claim it is "normal" cause they took another car out and it did the same thing. but honestly, ive never seen anything like this and with no one really having much input it doesnt sound quite "normal"

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
yup and they claim it is "normal" cause they took another car out and it did the same thing. but honestly, ive never seen anything like this and with no one really having much input it doesnt sound quite "normal"

Damn that's interesting.