GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Induktion Motorsports / GIAC K04 Further Development**

The power of a chipped 2.0T TSI is great, however, it is inevitable that people want more power! Our goal since taking delivery of our Mk6 has been to develop the platform… As evidenced by our new I-Flow line of intake products for the TSI. More to come as we push the 2.0T TSI to it's limits.

The factory-proven K04 from the S3/TT-S/Golf R fits the bill very well, despite the changes required for the TSI motor. After modifying the K04 to fit the TSI motor we began the rest of the build up of ancillary components to extract all the power this turbo is capable of providing for us, and on this build that includes:

• Factory K04 Turbo - Modified by Induktion Motorsports to fit the TSI
  • GIAC / Induktion software
  • Induktion Motorsports 3" Turbo Back Exhaust
  • Induktion Motorsports I-Flow Intake - with Stage 2 Pipe
  • Induktion Motorsports Mechanical DV Kit
  • OEM S3 Intercooler

We have been working diligently with GIAC on a totally new file to fit our goal, which at this time is to make as much power as possible, safely, on pump gas.

Important things to note with this current setup:
  • Boost is conservative, with a maximum of ~20.4psi (2410mBar)
  • This is fully intended for PUMP fuel, a water/meth variant is in the plans
  • Factory EGT protection is INTACT
  • AFR is solid in the mid-11's

Preliminary dyno numbers, on a Mustang AWD-500-SE dyno put us at 303whp / 295.3wtq(green lines). Numbers are great, but a baseline is important in turbo systems. Thus we also put a Mk6 GTI with GIAC Stage 1+ software and our I-Flow intake on the same dyno, that vehicle made 227whp / 242wtq(red lines).

Assuming a roughly 17% drivetrain loss with this dyno, this would put our K04 system at 365HP and 356ft-lb.

Click the dyno graph below to see it full-size

Other components on the car
Induktion Motorsports I-Flow Intake - Our I-Flow Intake is a 3" intake system (utilizing stock MAF housing) with a dry air filter that seals to the hood and includes a bracket to secure the intake pipe. Our Stage 2 Add-On Pipe completes the intake by replacing the piping between the MAF and the turbo inlet. Both pieces are powder coated and available in 3 color choices.

Induktion Motorsports 3" Turbo Back Exhaust - Our exhausts are made in-house and offer complete stainless steel construction. Our shop GTI uses a 3" version with a single muffler for an aggressive tone.

Induktion Motorsports DV Kit - Specifically designed to be used with our K04 system, we replace the factory DV with a significantly more robust 34mm Forge piston valve. This also includes a new Stage 2 pipe with a recirculation port for the DV.

OEM S3 Intercooler - Significantly more efficient than the stock intercooler on the Mk6, the S3 intercooler is an easy and cost-effective upgrade. We are also working on a more robust intercooler setup that will work well with even larger turbo systems.

The future:
We will continue to work with GIAC on the software side, as well as tweak the hardware to ensure we are getting the most out of this platform. A bigger, more efficient front mount intercooler and water/meth are next… I'm going to guess that rods will be coming soon after that :laugh:

Last edited:

Volkswagging

Don't Hate, Inseminate
wrong section

on topic: always nice to have more options out there. let me just tell you though, for lack of a better way to say it, that the success of this kit will rely on GIAC getting its shit together. so my advice as consumer to producer is to make sure that happens.

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
looks good!

Send the K04's down to Bryan at BNR, drop cams in, spray the meth, crank the boost and burn the rollers right off the dyno :character0293:

One of the "benefits" of our location has been the ability to get true varying temperature testing done for the software, over the past week we have been doing "warmer" (70s) testing and nights like tonight let us fine tune the cold (upper 30s) weather!

We are looking forward to maxing this setup out on pure 93 octane and then switching to 93 + water/meth

Just got our Stage 2 Pipe w/ recirc port and recirc piping back from powder coating and wanted to throw up a picture of the engine bay: