GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

It's 100% confirmed...... VW GOLF R Coming to US!!

Manheim81c

Go Kart Champion
Hi all........tempting.....this R is.............:23:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
very.. just don't know if its worth trading in for in my situation. It's not that the R won't be awesome, its just the GTI is just that good. Plus, I got an Autobahn, so I already spent some cheddar,lol..

McQueen77

Banned
No manual?
Huh? Heres a quote from the article:

Along with the power increase, VW is promising bigger brakes, an uprated suspension, 18-inch wheels, center-exit dual exhaust and a more liberally tuned ESP. Perhaps most interestingly, the Golf R will be available in both two and four doors and be paired exclusively with a manual transmission. That's right, we said it.

I think thats great if that is the case. VW is basically saying, "this is a serious sports car and if you can't drive a manual, too bad. Enthusiasts and people who at least possess some level of skill besides steering and braking only please." Love it! I feel like I sound like my dad right now (who is 74 and will still only drive a manual) but if you for whatever reason can't drive a manual or are unwilling to learn, then you aren't allowed to wield this car. Yes, yes I know "well tell that to the F1 drivers buddy! They did away with manual gearboxes ages ago."

Disclaimer: No offense meant ofcourse to people with bad hips, bad knees, amputees or those who see their car as a mere means of transportation and grocery cartage.

cnimativ

Ready to race!
Huh? Heres a quote from the article:

Along with the power increase, VW is promising bigger brakes, an uprated suspension, 18-inch wheels, center-exit dual exhaust and a more liberally tuned ESP. Perhaps most interestingly, the Golf R will be available in both two and four doors and be paired exclusively with a manual transmission. That's right, we said it.

I think thats great if that is the case. VW is basically saying, "this is a serious sports car and if you can't drive a manual, too bad. Enthusiasts and people who at least possess some level of skill besides steering and braking only please." Love it! I feel like I sound like my dad right now (who is 74 and will still only drive a manual) but if you for whatever reason can't drive a manual or are unwilling to learn, then you aren't allowed to wield this car. Yes, yes I know "well tell that to the F1 drivers buddy! They did away with manual gearboxes ages ago."

Disclaimer: No offense meant ofcourse to people with bad hips, bad knees, amputees or those who see their car as a mere means of transportation and grocery cartage.

I meant the RS3 prob has no manual option if it follows the current RS4/5 setup. Retarded, especially when none of those are GT cars or fast cars, and handling of Audi is not top notch amongstthe equivalents.

And fuck the F1 argument; your el cheapo econobox is nowhere close to an F1 race car even after you rice it, slam it, and chip it. And you are not an f1 driver after one track day. They have a need for speed; you have a need to learn how to drive.