GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New GTI Owner Introduction

(MMX)

Hey everyone, I just wanted to take a second to introduce myself. I've been lurking around the forum for a few weeks now just trying to read and gain a little knowledge before I started posting.

I picked up a 2011 CSG GTI w/ DSG about 2 weeks ago. As far as I can tell, it is completely unmolested and is completely stock... for now.

I came from a 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe which I loved a ton. I had gone to "Stage 3" which is a turbo swap to a TD05-16G. It is pretty comparable to the K04 swap for GTIs. My wife and I found out a few months ago that she is pregnant with our first child and I really wanted to move into something with 4 doors to make car seats a little bit easier. I live in Birmingham, Alabama and there are a few very nice GTIs around me. I'm pretty good friends with ABowers and dsm1983 from here on the forums through our local Cars & Coffee meet every Saturday. I've gotten to know those guys over the last couple of years and I had become a pretty big fan of GTIs because of them. So, when it came time to move into something with 4 doors, the GTI was on my short list of cars to look at. I got locked in on one and... here we are.

I've sorta had my fill with engine mods with the 16G swap on the Genesis so I'm not really looking into performance mods right now, but that may change with time. I am definitely going to pick up a set of coils soon (maybe a month or two) and I'm kicking around the idea of wheels. I like the detroits so I'm in no rush on that one.

Anyway, here's a few pics of the old ride and the new.

Old:

New:

WAP

Go Kart Champion
Welcome!!

Jaber

Modero
Welcome! Enjoy the new car. Congrats on baby too.

-Sent from the superior interior

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Welcome, and congrats on both the baby and the car! :thumbup:

(MMX)

Thanks everyone. I'm really enjoying the GTI so far and I'm very happy with 30+ mpg. I have a 40-50 miles round trip to work everyday so the fuel efficiency of the GTI has been very impressive.

Looking forward to spending some more time reading up and throwing the coils on soon.

AK-500

Passed Driver's Ed
Welcome and congrats mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Krog29

Ready to race!
Welcome dude. This forum has helped me out a lot since I got my GTI back in November.