GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2011 GTI vs Type R swapped EF

jgebelein

Passed Driver's Ed
My car: 2011 Gti 2-door Manual. Stage one Revo with a Billy Boat Turboback.

His car: An ef hatch with a Type R swap. Looked pretty good too.

I was headed home from the Oceanfront in Virginia Beach. I noticed that there was a set of HID lights coming up behind me pretty quickly. A red EF came up next to me revved a couple times, but I let it go. Being that I'm not 16 anymore, I don't do much street racing. Once we crossed over the bridge and got on the main road the driver would pull up and fall back repeatedly. Finally I got tired of this, so I decided to run him.

We got to a light and I rolled my window down and talked a little. Found out he had an 81.5mm bore, ported head, skunk2 cams, with H/I/E. Now I started in the Honda scene and still support it. I've seen ITR motors like this put out 200hp which in a EF civic, is decent. Anyway, we agreed to go from a 40 roll and he wanted the honk. When he gave his three honks, we took off. I pulled on him through 4th to about 105 and let off. I had about 2 cars on this guy. he wanted a second run so I let him go for it, this time it was from a dig. I he got me of the jump but I quickly caught up and passed, this time letting off at 100.

Having talked to him later on I learned all the car had. 97 ITR swap with a 81.5mm bore, OEM ITR pistons he said its like 11.3 to 1 compression, ACL race bearings, the head was ported, Skunk2 pro 2s, skunk2 dual valve springs, Ferrea 1mm oversized valves, Skunk2 tb and intake manifold, Toda header, with a custom 2.5in exhaust. His driveline was a GSR trans, comp stage 4 clutch, and a fidanza flywheel.

wireless

Ready to race!
I love how a large percentage of posts on this forum say something similar to this:

but I let it go. Being that I'm not 16 anymore, I don't do much street racing.

Justify it... yes....

Nice job, btw. I'm not much of a Honda fan, but I will admit the engines (k series are my favorite) are fantastic.

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
I love how a large percentage of posts on this forum say something similar to this:

Justify it... yes....

Nice job, btw. I'm not much of a Honda fan, but I will admit the engines (k series are my favorite) are fantastic.

LOL!

I'm not 16 anymore and haven't been for a long time and I prob street race more now then I did before

jgebelein

Passed Driver's Ed

Justify it... yes....

The k-series engine is a monster. Not uncommon to see 280hp all motor k's. I do miss the simplicity of working in b-series motors.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Nice kill :thumbsup: